MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a relatively new exhaust (early 2019 I believe) I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the new GReddy Evolution GT exhaust? It looks pretty solid and is "period-correct". I appreciate any info, thank you.

"The EVOlution GT exhaust for the (SW20) MR2 Turbo is styled to resemble the legendary Power Extreme II MR2 exhaust of the late 90’s-early 00’s. This makes the Evo GT the ideal exhaust system for a modern, period-correct SW20 MR2 build. This new and improved version follows the same beautifully laid-out dual off-set muffler with extended wrapping tips, but it now, incorporates superior construction, improved stainless-steel materials and precision tig welding. The more compact, dual, straight-through EVO GT muffler canisters allow for great flow for both stock and upgraded turbo 3S-GTE engines."

Specifications:
Chassis: SW20
Engine: 3S-GTE
Type: Cat-back exhaust (dual angled mufflers, with extended tips)
Number of pieces: 2pcs
Number of pieces: 2pcs
Piping: 76 mm (3.0")
Tips: 2x 115 mm (4.5")
Gasket(s): 3.0" oval (qty: 1 included) replacement

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I’m sure it’s a real nice fitment.. is it any better than the berk? Doubt it... better than the eBay? Marginal.... it certainly looks like the others

·
Registered
228 Posts
Since it's that new most people probably have their exhaust sorted out for now, so the early adopter might need to be you on this one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I guess nobody has experience with this newer GReddy exhaust? YouTube has been no help.
10 months later lol. I picked one up a while ago and it’s very nice. Not crazy loud, but has a nice ring. Opened up the top end, and throttle response improved

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
10 months later lol. I picked one up a while ago and it’s very nice. Not crazy loud, but has a nice ring. Opened up the top end, and throttle response improved
Awesome to hear! I wound up ordering the new TCS exhaust for whenever it gets made. Enjoy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts