MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been pondering engine management for a while, and considering the 5s-fe runs pretty rich, considering i have a 91. i talked to a tuner about installation and tuning with the e-manage and he said he could do it for about 620 total. he used to be a turbo mr2 guy, now he tunes alot of honda's wrx's and evos. ive thought about other forms of ems's like megasquirt, motech, etc. but i want more funtionality than an safc.

any suggestions? any questions i should ask the tuner?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
i talked to a tuner @ godspeed, a shop in novi michigan, and he said he can get 7-12 whp on most cars with e-manage, and he says the more rich the car runs the better because he can pull out more fuel for more power. im anxious to see what kind of numbers i make.

·
Certified Lid Sniffer
4,012 Posts
I'm interested, as well. What other mods have you performed on your car? I know that with cams and bigger valves, the emanage will help to make the most of these mods. Ha, I'd love to see how yuor fuel economy improves, as a result. Bump

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im running an iceman intake, ss autochrome header, custom exhaust with 2.35 piping, and a fidanza flywheel. i have a cali car and im only running 1 02 sensor i think the primary one because the secondary is stuck in the stock exhaust manifold and i need a mechanic @ yoda to take it out because i dont want to strip the bolt because the part is like 150 dollars.

my tuner in novi, michigan said he gets 7-12 whp with tuning from the emanage and he says that the more rich the motor runs, the more power he could get from it by pulling out fuel. so im gonna fix my CEL and see what he can do. he quoted me 620 for the parts, installation, and tuning with e-manage.

bump

1 - 6 of 6 Posts