MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went out and found a mid engine rear wheel drive sports car, with a Toyota power plant, 300 crank hp, 2000lbs curb weight and drives like it is on rails. Not "like it is on rails" which is what people always say, but really crazy good handling.
Cost was less than a new 4runner. Did I mention that it is dead sexy and has removable hard and soft tops? When you stab the gas there is a battle between supercharger whine, intake whoosh and exhaust note! Sometimes it takes hours to wipe the smile off your face after driving it...

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

I bet that some of you had already guessed....

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Yeah, the Elise is all that and more - one sweet handling car. I contemplated one after driving it too, and I'm still wrestling with it or a Cayman S.

But in the end, too many people I know complained about the Lotus reliability and the cost to fix everything but the engine.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Lotus is more sports than car. Even the MR2 spyder is a better car, but none of them are as sporty. This thing is 43 inches high. It drives more like a race car than my race car does. If you are getting a Porsche or a lotus, you are saving no money on repairs by buying the Porsche. I am rather pissed that my 2001 Boxster S that crapped its motor at 82k miles is excluded somehow from the class action suit. The existence of the suit, is an indication of the quality of modern Porsche product. I believe that there is also one brewing on Cayene V8s as well.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I got tired of waiting, too. My MR2 build time is all sucked up by work. So since my time is getting turned into money...BRZ it is. Engine is in the wrong place, could use a supercharger, and I wish Subaru had stayed with its all-wheel drive tradition. But it's a hell of a lotta fun.

Still have a '87 AW11 with blacktop in basket case status if anyone is interested in giving it a loving home.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
I want an elise quite badly, so does my wife. they aren't even that expensive used anymore. I'd jump on one if I knew I could sell my MK1 for like 10k which is completely unreasonable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts