MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
but the car wont start :(......... lol,. I know the problem, I decided to take the "easy" way out and hook the op gauge light to the ignition switch instead of looking for another 12volt source. When I attempt to turn the engine over,. the starter clicks repediatly until i let go of the key. Its getting cold outside so i quit for today. I will post pictures tomorrow. It looks cool.. My knee hit the gauge and kinda broke one of the bolts holding the bracket. Im starting to realize I should of put the gauge in a different spot. for everyone to know its under the ignition key switch about 4-6 inches below it actually,. right under the right knee. I like it there, I just need to remember theres a gauge there and I have to watch my legs.. Im not worried about someone else breaking it, because if someone sits in my seat i will break them... So with that said i had a fun little up, down day trying to install that gauge. Also, if you cant use a solder(spell check) i would sudject not using one.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
shimric said:
but the car wont start :(......... lol,. I know the problem, I decided to take the "easy" way out

My knee hit the gauge and kinda broke one of the bolts holding the bracket. Im starting to realize I should of put the gauge in a different spot.

I just need to remember theres a gauge there and I have to watch my legs..

Also, if you cant use a solder(spell check) i would sudject not using one.
Sounds like a serious rig job. :boom: :scared:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol,... the only thing i didnt do the right way was the light. it was getting cold and i was being anxious. Im going to fix it tomorrow. I actually did manage to solder the wires togeather for the ign wire. The starter wire was just one wire ran from the engine bay to the gauge so that didnt require a solder. The ign wire was the only one i had to solder.. Am i spelling that word right? who said anything about rewiring? I kinda had to splice the acc wire for the ignition wire on the gauge. the instructions said so... even someone(not going to say who) told me I needed to splice a wire that would have a 12 volt source when the key was turned to acc or on and would continue to have that same 12 volt source until the key was turned off. The light is the only "rig" job. Its really hard to explain what i did with just words,. so im going to upload pictures tomorrow. I did take my time actually, I took all day to get the wires right. It was just getting late and i wanted to see if all of my work paid off. so i just took the + wire for the light and wired it up to the acc wire where the ign wire was also wired too.... Im not stupid, just impatient.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Impatient = stupid :p I've learned that lesson the hard way too many times.

If you've got the gauge in a place where your knee can it it that's a safety hazard.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ right you are... loser.... lol... Its not technically in the way. its just in the way if you have your chair slid up as far as i do... lol.. thats the only way i can reach the pedals.. its 2 or 3 clicks away from being up as far as it can go. if i move it back one click i cant puch the clutch pedal all the way down... it sucks to be only 5'7 sometimes....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^^ tomorrow,... because this comp wont let me upload pics so i will have to do it when im at work... so until then,... happy waiting :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts