MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well, i got my new volks and couldn't be more excited. i upgraded from rays gramlights 57pro gunmetal to...

sorry for the tine teaser pic, but i wanted to wait until i got some high quality shots first.

now to settle fitment.

the rears are seem very close to flush, but look a little more tucked then they should since the tires are stretched pretty good.

18x9.5 et 40
235/45
these are close to the fender, but i haven't noticed any rubbing... btw, my gramlights had alot of camber wear on the tires... inside was all worn...

i want to get spacers for the front but im not sure what size to get. i want to bring it out the same distance as the rears...

17x7 et 40
215/???
this sits very close to the strut components, but still, no rubbing as of yet...

i guess a 10mm spacer should be ok right?

-tj

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
these are actually off of panda... herb is a good friend of mine and when he decided to sell the car, i was first in line for the wheels.... i was at his house last night mounting them on....

-tj

·
Registered
728 Posts
green volks. man. sweet. lucky. my plan was to get green volks for my rears, but my white volks dont fit my fronts. so thats that.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
albertsmr2 said:
green volks. man. sweet. lucky. my plan was to get green volks for my rears, but my white volks dont fit my fronts. so thats that.

check these out man...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RAYS...43957QQitemZ8029497406QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

it's a good price so far... im don't know the seller, just came across them this morning.... scary buying volks off the internet though... how do you know if they're fake? at least these have the ray stickers on the inside of the wheel...

might want to check the fitment, but im pretty sure that it's a nice fit...

-tj

·
Registered
728 Posts
sweet. i was thinkin about doing the gunmetal but i was 100% always planning to go green with white. i even made it in photoshopp.

your 2s gonna be sick with the green kicks. green volks on a white 2 is kickass. But dont worry thou, I wont do it cuz there cant be 2 mr2s with green volks in the bay area. hehe.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
albertsmr2 said:
sweet. i was thinkin about doing the gunmetal but i was 100% always planning to go green with white. i even made it in photoshopp.

your 2s gonna be sick with the green kicks. green volks on a white 2 is kickass. But dont worry thou, I wont do it cuz there cant be 2 mr2s with green volks in the bay area. hehe.

that does look pretty slick... but as far as having two... it's really not that big a deal to me.... it your car and your money... that's the whole point of modding our cars right? haha... that's why i went with green in the first place... not everyone will like it more then my gramlights... but it's not thier car... good luck... did you ever get taht 94 wing?

-tj

·
Registered
728 Posts
nah, i didnt get the 94 wing because someone beat me to it. thanks for your help though.. its alright though. Im planning to do the bomex drift wing thing.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
albertsmr2 said:
nah, i didnt get the 94 wing because someone beat me to it. thanks for your help though.. its alright though. Im planning to do the bomex drift wing thing.

:thumbup

btw, theres one for sale in the for sale forum... haha, i have nothing else to do at work but look at things i can't afford to buy... it's a replica like mine.. but it fits really good.

-tj

1 - 12 of 12 Posts