MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Round n round we go
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky and came across a used hardtop for sale. It's not the color I wanted but who cares. It makes the car look amazing. No one can tell it's a spyder. It cuts down on noise and makes the car feel more rigid. I love it.

On the way home after I got the top I caused an accident. On the freeway a guy was staring at my car and rear ended somone in front of him. Rubber neckers. :smile:

·
Round n round we go
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It cost me $2K and came with all attachment hardware and a carrier. The cost new is almost 3K.

·
Registered
363 Posts
assuming you mean 20k = $20,000 ?

I like it man. Very sexy!

I guess you're not a teen, or else you would be very spoil since you got all those hardcore cars. Very nice collection!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Nice body kit. Can you use the original front trunk hood with the kit? I like how the sleek rear spoiler classily covers the big-o top-overlapping taillights making it seem more businesslike and sportscarlike.

Hopefully, the MK4 or MK5 will come with hardtop standard and designed with sleeker front, sleeker sides and sleeker back like your bodykit. :)

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
thats a veilside widebody, the most badass kit for a mk3 imo, replaces every panel but the doors and engine lid, and im guessing those are andrew racing wheels too?? car looks totally awesome man... you pushin a 2zz under the lid?

·
Round n round we go
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea the hard top was 2K. I don't have a 2zz.It's a 1zz turbo. Yes the stock hood will work fine with the veilside bodykit.

Those are custom ro_ja formula wheels. Way too big. They are 19s make the car slow. I will be going down to 17s.

The car was on e-bay but never sold. The owner was leaving the country so I picked it up at a good price. Same price as a regular '01 spyder.

No I'm not a kid. Way past that. I just happen to be lucky. Went to college for 8 years and landed a good job.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
what numbers are you throwing down with the 1zz turbo? Everyone complains about how impossible it is to find a 1zz kit. I can't figure out why there are so many 2zz kits and not as many 1zz kits; 90% of all Celicas sold are the 1zz "GT" model. ALL Mr2 Spyders sold are 1zz. Bigger market, no? The aftermarket can be retarded sometimes.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts