MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plain and simple, my mr2 refuses to start for me anymore. I can't figure out what's wrong with it. And with my new job, I have no time to wrench around with it either. So, do I sink more money into it and get it running again, or cut my losses and move on? I've owned my car since spring 02, and I can't bear to think of selling it every time I look at it; but I think it deserves a lil tlc and a better home. It's so frustrating to not have the power or knowledge to fix it.

Some info on my car:
91 NA => 2nd gen jdm turbo swap; 5 speed manual
Has USDM intake manifold w/ egr
Apexi air filter
HKS BOV
HKS turbo timer
Fujitsubo Legalis R exhaust (used for 6 mo.)
Momo competition steering wheel
Levoc pedals
Black TRD widebody w/ TRD wing (needs some work)
Cf front hood w/ sparco hood pins
Yamaha R6 gas cap
Turbo engine lid
Cyberous engine lid prop rod
94-95 tail light conversion and jdm clear corners
17inch SSR Decolte rims. White with polished lip (F 17X8.5; R 17x9.5)
Tein HA coilovers

Head gasket replaced and timing belt replaced in summer 2003.
Clutchmasters stage 2 clutch and unorthodox racing flywheel installed at the same time. Valve cover painted red. I have a bunch of new uninstalled parts sitting in my garage as well. But there's no point in installing them if my car doesn't start and if I sell it.

Would anyone be interested in continuing my project? Honestly, it runs very well, when I could get it to start. And because I now work 6 days a week, I havn't had any time for my mr2.

I know I'm going to take a huge loss of $ if I sell it, but at this rate, I'd rather have someone else be able to enjoy it rather than know it's just sitting in my driveway not being driven.

What do y'all think I should do? Would anyone be interested? Can anyone recommend a shop?

·
Registered
698 Posts
hey martin,

im wallace's brother, but anyways...dont give up on the car. i've been through hell..more hell and back with the problems with my car. if its a mechanical problem my friend will be more then willing to help you out. but if it turns out to be an electrical error, try to have rickyb help you out. he's probably the best in the area dealing with anything electrical on the mr2.

-daniel

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
yea man keep trying don't give up. besides when you do get it running it will be that much sweeter.

also did you know that most people take just over 4 years to restore a project car back to there likings. you have had it for barley 3 just hold on get help i would love to see you driving that car down the road in a while.

good luck.
tred ;)

·
Registered
698 Posts
shoot...are you martin or are you elijahs frat bro? i got confused by your boardname, but the car you described matches eli's friends car.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i've been through hell with my car. for the last year along i had to take out my motor 6 time. mister3 here even had to do some motor work for me.hehe crazy but i'm telling you i'm loving it now.
hey josh i need to talk to you????

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
hay can you post some pics of the car. we all would like to see how you are dooing thus far.
thanks,
tred

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey thanks for the positive posts everyone. By now I'm pretty sure it's just a crapped out fuel pump. And of course, by now I've tried to start is so many times my battery's almost out too hahaha

As for pictures, havn't taken any recently, but I do have some from a while ago. This weekend I'll try to take some more updated ones. Can anyone host them for me? (it's probably in worse condition now than before, considering I used to have a garaged parking spot and now it sits in the rain.)

lilrocket2, I'm eli's frat bro from berk.

But yeah, I guess all the frustration built up and I was fed up with my car. Gotta learn some patience hahaha Hopefully if I can get it going again I'll be payin chico a visit to get it better tuned; now that I'm a workaholic, I actually have an income to play with. I think with a little bit more investment it'll still be better than making payments on a new car.

Thanks for everyone's support

·
Registered
162 Posts
sucks when they don't work :( I'm fed up with my car as well and have little time to spend fixing it...... i feel just like you, my car needs a home where it will loved and enjoyed like it deserves. on this note, you have a job so pay someone to fix it :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
hey, tell richard, charlie and the whole gang i said wsup. if your sure its a fuel pump, ill install my supra fuel pump soon and you can use my old one.

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
starfoxtien said:
i've been through hell with my car. for the last year along i had to take out my motor 6 time. mister3 here even had to do some motor work for me.hehe crazy but i'm telling you i'm loving it now.
hey josh i need to talk to you????
you know my cell phone # -- can call it anytime -- except mornings ;)

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
Mr3 said:
Hey thanks for the positive posts everyone. By now I'm pretty sure it's just a crapped out fuel pump. And of course, by now I've tried to start is so many times my battery's almost out too hahaha

As for pictures, havn't taken any recently, but I do have some from a while ago. This weekend I'll try to take some more updated ones. Can anyone host them for me? (it's probably in worse condition now than before, considering I used to have a garaged parking spot and now it sits in the rain.)

lilrocket2, I'm eli's frat bro from berk.

But yeah, I guess all the frustration built up and I was fed up with my car. Gotta learn some patience hahaha Hopefully if I can get it going again I'll be payin chico a visit to get it better tuned; now that I'm a workaholic, I actually have an income to play with. I think with a little bit more investment it'll still be better than making payments on a new car.

Thanks for everyone's support
you can email me pics to host for you [email protected] -- email pics and i'll email back a link to them

i might be able to swing down there and give it a quick check here soon -- hoping to deliver a car to Union City here soon so i'll be down in the area

1 - 12 of 12 Posts