MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank for the replys guys, I found his website, I'll contact him when I'm gonna be ready to go with an EMS

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
komodo said:
I have no personal experience with them but have heard good things about Tapp Automotive in the Ottawa area.
This would be much closer for me. Anybody here have personnal experience with this guy?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
How much experience does he have. You have to remember that some of these guys, although "certified", doesn't necessarily mean that they are good at what they do. It's just a name plate being called certified. Personally, I would never let anybody but Yoshio touch my engine management system as it is one of the most vital components of a vehicle. Yoshio has a proven history of engine tuning and racecar building. On top of that, he's a "certified" Toyota tech schooled from Japan. Even furthure, he can read those HKS, Trust, Blitz, etc., Japanese instruction manuals that come along with your performance parts LOL. He's definitely NOT you're average tuner. So IMHO, there's no reason NOT to go to him. Pay a premium once to do it right, or pay a lot to do it dozens of times. I'd choose the first one. But it's your car and whom ever you choose is your business. I just hate seeing people trying to take shortcuts and finishing last. Not to mention having their pockets emptied from half-ass jobs when they could have paid the premium to have their cars done professionally.

Should keep that in mind...

Xoh

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I have had personal experience with both DLmotorsports & Neetronics.
I believe Paul @ Neetronics used to be a electronics engineer. He knows his stuff (very good at trouble shooting). On the AEM and in genreal.
Paul has done his share of MR2's also.

hmong337

Have you had any experence with Yoshio?
If so what did you have done?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
To answer your questions,

-my ecu has been chipped (Gforce and techtom tuned),
-greddy dual power extremes were purchased from Yoshio and installed
-boost controller and turbo timer installed
-all my gauges
-some miscellaneous repairs.

All in all, he's the guy you'd want to take your car to. But there's no way I'll be able to have my engine work done by him. I'm not that rich. As far as tuning, I wouldn't go anywhere else. All my friends use him and we've never had a problem whatsoever.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Allot of people say this guy and that guy is best off of just hearsay.
No matter who you ask there will always be someone who has had problems with this guy and the next. Allot of people are singing parises about Yoshio but very few have had any experience with him.

I've been down to talk to Yoshio years ago and the communication barrier was hard to get past.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ive had alot of experience with both.

Neetronics said to install and tune my AEM stuff would take about 4 days.
After 6 weeks (had to rent a car) I went in to pick up my car. Nothing was mounted, the O2 and tachometer weren't connected, parts were lost, they thought they were doing me a favor and they wanted about 40% more. Needless to say I was not, am not a happy camper.

Mike has supplied and insalled my engine, TDO6 kit, 264s and gears, 550s and rail , LSD, got tach working.... no comparison in attitude...no comparison period.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
That's the half-ass jobs that I'm talking about. You really want your stuff done and on time?... Again and again I'll keep on saying, Yoshio at Japanese Automotive. He doesn't phuck around! PERIOD!

·
Ontario's first MK1.5,'05
5,126 Posts
Everytime i pass by Yoshio's shop i always see a bunch of mr2's there. And no, they are not the same ones all the time. At the end of April the Ontario MR2 club will have a meet at Yoshio's so if anyone has any quastions for him, you can ask him on the spot at the meet.

Martin

1 - 20 of 23 Posts