MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Well after admitting a certain amount of defeat with tranny\clutch\flywheel swap......It's time to contact a professional. Basically I think I just messed up something with the clutch install. If anyone knows a good shop that can have this situation fixed before the weekend (at a somewhat reasonable price), Let me know. I must stress the "Before the weekend" part as I am A) impatient when others work on my car and B)dying to feel the clutch lsd, and C) I'm not sure really, but Im sure there is something :)

So if anyone knows a place, or maybe one of you guys is local and would like to make some moneys or something.........I just cant handle with my time\space to pull the tranny again to figure out the clutch situation.

Can call me at 1-630-816-1091. And for those who may not know, The car is with me in Round Lake, IL and can be trailered most anywhere (within reason).

Andrew

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
My friend has a shop in Burr Ridge. It's a but of a haul, but it might be worth your time to talk to him.

Dylan @ DS1Motorsports

http://ds1motorsports.com/

630-688-7574 is his #.

He's a bit of a late owl/worker, so he tends to work until 1-2AM and sleep in late. Leave him a message, tell him you know me and what you need done.

Terry has seen his shop and talked to him. . .he know's his stuff. He's also ASE Certified.

David

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just took it in to Automekanika in SPring Grove. My brother is friends with the owner. I'll have it back friday. Trent, clutch wasnt grabbing. I think I put the clutch plate in backwards...(insert fist punching myself here.....).

Andrew

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
That will do it! that was going to be my first question for you.The splines have a cone shape on one end. I belive that cone shape is there to spread the power over more area on the splines, it looks is if either way will work fine but I belive you have to have the cone end facing into the trans. glad to hear its getting fixed.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, im glad its getting fixed too.......just wish i didnt have to pay for it. lol....oh well...live and learn...and buy car lifts. lol

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
this could have all been advoided if i would have helped for a couple of hours :). Well glad to hear your getting it fixed.
-Terry

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just talked to the shop. They got it all back together......I had the freaking clutch plate in backwards (shoots self in foot....). Oh well, its back together and I'll be scooting tomorrow. w00t. gotta break in the clutch :)

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
infinitezero said:
Just talked to the shop. They got it all back together......I had the freaking clutch plate in backwards (shoots self in foot....). Oh well, its back together and I'll be scooting tomorrow. w00t. gotta break in the clutch :)

glad its running again I still havent gone to get mine back from the shop

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im picking it up as soon as i can. I'm not sure how people can handle not driving their cars 24-7......maybe i'm just a nut. lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts