MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive looked and for some reason I cant seem to find any worthwhile feedback on using TRD springs with koni yellows. This will be a street driven car (not neccesarily daily driven, but I will drive it), but I want an aggressive suspension for autox. I dont mind a slightly bumpy ride on shotty roads, but I want quality parts. Do you guys think these will work good together? Anyone already have this setup and can tell me the pro's and con's to it compared to others? What else should I replace when upgrading my suspension? I am already planning on changing all my ball joints as they are shot, as well as the strut housings as i am under the impression that the koni's are inserts. Thanks for any help guys.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I have Koni yellows & TRD springs and have no complaints.

Picked the TRDs for their modest drop. Eliminating the wheel-fender gap was less important to me than staying off the bump stops. Have since cut my bumpstops down to a height of 1" which helped the ride. Suggest you do that too. Btw, you will probably need to order new bump stops. The old dustcovers (the rubber bellows thingy part) is probably shredded.

You don't need new housings. It would be a good idea to reinforce the tabs (where the swaybar end links attach) while you have them off though.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome. Thanks for the reply. I will end up replacing the housins only because I bent one of mine and had to get one off of a 91 as money was tight and I needed my car fixed immediately. Drives fine, but if I know that its different and if the car pulls funny, I always immediately assume that its causing it even though I know its probably not. I would just feel better replacing them :) Good..... good to hear. Im glad your happy with em.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts