MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old car went to the scrap metal yard this morning. I've teared this car down to the last bolt then put it back together but not this time. It was perfect autox car before I sold it, now may you have a safe journey to the crusher.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah! the car does look clean in the pix. too bad, the truth it is nothing but a eye sore in the nighborhood. Thanx for the "compliments" :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,751 Posts
Front and rear glass, Front and rear bumper, Front spoiler
Doors, wing, antenna, black trim around the rear window
Fenders, hood, wipers

:dontknow:

:(
 

·
Master of Twos R Us
Joined
·
21,767 Posts
I see at least $250 in resellable parts going onto the truck - just in those two pictures. I understand that some people don't have the time or space to completely strip a car, but that one is far from stripped of everything that could be reused. Unless the driver's side is completely trashed, it sure looks like a good one going to the crusher.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
714 Posts
JekylandHyde said:
Front and rear glass, Front and rear bumper, Front spoiler
Doors, wing, antenna, black trim around the rear window
Fenders, hood, wipers

:dontknow:

:(
most of that stuff is hard to unload locally so you are forced to ship and who knows who is going to be out there to pay for the crazy shipping prices.

Also the really sought after items like the driver side fender was sold and the front lip was cracked.

I dont remember the pass. fender but I bet it had some dents or some rust on it....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yes! there are some ok parts like fuel canister, maybe small enough without taking too much room, but who'd want that? definitely no room for fender nor hood or any worthwhile body parts. Antenna, wipers, black trim in the back window. I would not buy those parts from myself evenif I got another MK1.

yes! the body structure was straight, never been into mojor accident. I wish you guys were this enthuastic when I tried to sell this car almost a year ago (when it was mechanical perfect and it was cheap).

anyway. thank Adam and Steve for coming by to unload some of stuff I had. and check out the stuffs I'm selling
http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=157227
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,606 Posts
Hey you guys are soo bad...Tim tried to sell the car here, complete, autoX ready and proven fast car.
http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?p=1019949#post1019949

No one expressed any true interested but myself, if I had not already bought my 89SC I would have bought Tim's car. So he was left to sell it to the next person who came along. The pictures are deceiving like most car pics you see on the internet. Yes the chassis was straight, but the person Tim sold it to used silly poddy and sneezed some white paint onto the body in an attempt to hide rust.

Tim thanks for everything!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I picked up that car 5~6 yrs ago for $300. Fixed up/souped up anything I can do it myself so I can take it to autox. Over the yrs, I had blown piston ring, ripped oil cooling line twice, and broken axle. I was able to drive home every time.... It was a good car

R E D said:
Hey you guys are soo bad...Tim tried to sell the car here, complete, autoX ready and proven fast car.
http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?p=1019949#post1019949

No one expressed any true interested but myself, if I had not already bought my 89SC I would have bought Tim's car. So he was left to sell it to the next person who came along. The pictures are deceiving like most car pics you see on the internet. Yes the chassis was straight, but the person Tim sold it to used silly poddy and sneezed some white paint onto the body in an attempt to hide rust.

Tim thanks for everything!!
If you'd let me work on your car, I'll make it rusted like mine?
 

·
20v Super Two
Joined
·
5,026 Posts
Are you kidding me?!?!? I would have given you $200 for the front bumper and lip... and you could have made another $100+ on the C-Pillar trim. Man that's irritating...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
714 Posts
casualsax3 said:
Are you kidding me?!?!? I would have given you $200 for the front bumper and lip... and you could have made another $100+ on the C-Pillar trim. Man that's irritating...

Me and Red along with some other ppl took the bulk of the good stuff out of that car. Anything else would have been a hassle to keep around.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top