MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a plug n play after market, so far i hear good about all ecu like Haltech Elite 1500, Link Gs4, and AEM EMS4. Guess its all good for Gen 4 engines, just wanted to know what everyone opinion about what after market ecu you got for you gen 4 and what the benefits you got outta the management. Also what futures does it give you?

·
Super Moderator
2,802 Posts
There is no direct plug and play as in switching out the ECU internals for a new board like the LINK G4+ but I think CRW Chico Race Works sells a LINK Atom with adapter loom to connect to the factory ECU plugs. At least that was what I was told. They may have other LINK models as LINK have a new range of ECUs out.

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
the LINK G4 ECUs are some of the best on the market which is why i sell them (and have gotten other companies "hooked" as well lol).

we can use any LINK wire in model and make a PnP jumper harness for it no problem. the main units we use are:
**G4+ ATOM (just the most basic ecu ever that still does full flex fuel, boost control, etc)
**G4+ MONSOON (similar to old G4+ STORM) same as ATOM just you get some motorsport features (anti lag,2 step, etc) + built in 4 BAR MAP sensor
**G4+ STORM (many more input/output for those that just need EVERYTHING lol)

the G4+ ATOM kit starts at $895 with really nice base map. our kit includes: ECU mounting bracket for SW20, LINK G4+ ECU, PnP adapter harness for gen4, flex fuel sensor pigtail pre wired in, wideband input pre wired in, OBD2 port pre wired in.

for G4+ MONSOON or G4+ STORM can also pre wire in any other input for whatever sensors/things you want or need to control.

G4+ MONSOON $1195
G4+ STORM $1395

shipping in included, OBD2 port great if you have the Torque app and a BT/wifi OBD2 adapter to display ecu parameters/gauges on a tablet or phone like this:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking to get a plug n play after market, so far i hear good about all ecu like Haltech Elite 1500, Link Gs4, and AEM EMS4. Guess its all good for Gen 4 engines, just wanted to know what everyone opinion about what after market ecu you got for you gen 4 and what the benefits you got outta the management. Also what futures does it give you?
Greddy has a harnesses for ST215 and ST245 applications, so you can buy a harness and make it run your to your engine Harness without splice or cut anything. Only adapting to the ECU that you want fit, or a Emanage

·
Registered
12 Posts
the LINK G4 ECUs are some of the best on the market which is why i sell them (and have gotten other companies "hooked" as well lol).

we can use any LINK wire in model and make a PnP jumper harness for it no problem. the main units we use are:
**G4+ ATOM (just the most basic ecu ever that still does full flex fuel, boost control, etc)
**G4+ MONSOON (similar to old G4+ STORM) same as ATOM just you get some motorsport features (anti lag,2 step, etc) + built in 4 BAR MAP sensor
**G4+ STORM (many more input/output for those that just need EVERYTHING lol)

the G4+ ATOM kit starts at $895 with really nice base map. our kit includes: ECU mounting bracket for SW20, LINK G4+ ECU, PnP adapter harness for gen4, flex fuel sensor pigtail pre wired in, wideband input pre wired in, OBD2 port pre wired in.

for G4+ MONSOON or G4+ STORM can also pre wire in any other input for whatever sensors/things you want or need to control.

G4+ MONSOON $1195
G4+ STORM $1395

shipping in included, OBD2 port great if you have the Torque app and a BT/wifi OBD2 adapter to display ecu parameters/gauges on a tablet or phone like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEirMdDcGCo
Interesting and def interested. I'd like more info on these setups.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts