MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first off I have to say that choosing a set wheels has got to be one of the hardest things I've done so far...

That being said, I'm going to go with the ASA AR1 wheels

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Disp...elModel=AR1&wheelFinish=Silver+w/Machined+Lip

And the BFG g-Force KDW-2 tires

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+T/A+KDW+2

Fronts: 17x7 +38 with 215x40x17
Rears: 17x8 +35 with 245x40x17

I've looked through all of the posts in the sticky about what works as far as sizing goes and it bothers me that some offests work for some people while they don't for others.

What does everyone think? I don't want any rubbing problems. I have RSR-race springs and Tokico 5 ways. I do track my car several times a year and I'm going for the best performance.

Any and all opinions are welcome,
Steve

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
should be very nice i dont for see any issues

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I placed the order with tirerack today. $1332.32 shipped.

I hope I like them! I'll post pictures in a few days.

Steve

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
you might look into a 5 to 10 mm spacer for the fronts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
personally, I wouldn't bother with the spacers. It'll look very nice and won't be tucked very much at all. Besides, I like my wheels a tiny bit tucked so that I don't have to worry about rolling fenders, rub, and I'd be able to run a bigger tire size.

I say go fot it. Nice looking wheels and the tires look awesome.

cheers.

·
Premium Member
13,205 Posts
Definetly dont put spacers in the front. It looks wierd when the front is more flush than the rear. A 5mm spacer in the REAR might look good (make the rear more flush than the front), but definetly not the other way arround. They should look very good as is, however.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Makoff: Tirerack says 21 lbs for the fronts and 22 lbs for the rears. A little on the heavy side.

Thanks for the comments. I doubt I'll need any spacers.

We'll see in a few days...
Steve

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Those weights aren't THAT bad at all. No spacers needed at all, it will look fantastic! Can't wait to see them!

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
17X7 +38 will tuck in the front

the 8 +38 in the rear will probably be tucked just as much so it will be even at least

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
monopolizedinc said:
17X7 +38 will tuck in the front

the 8 +38 in the rear will probably be tucked just as much so it will be even at least
Steve,

the 17 x 8's are +35mm offset and the 17 x 7's are +38mm

Those will look great because if the front wheels aren't flush and the back wheels will appear to not have as much tuck....

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
ooops yup i mixed the rears up sorry about that

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
TomsMR2 said:
tucked smucked. they'll look AND fit great. i wouldnt worry about spacers for a second.
the front tire i posted above is tucked and has the same specs as what he is looking at

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
monopolizedinc said:
the front tire i posted above is tucked and has the same specs as what he is looking at
slightly tucked, but it doesn't mean it looks bad to everyone. i, personally, would rather have them slightly tucked (as shown) than exactly flush.

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
valid point.
we each have out own taste but according to tomsmr2s' post "tucked smucked" says to me that they would not be tucked.... and to me whats pictured above is indeed tucked and could use a 10mm spacer

1 - 20 of 35 Posts