MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Just installed the front bar. Measures 22 mm thick and 8.8lbs vs stock 18mm 7lbs - seems to be solid not hollow and bends look good. Got rid of most of the body roll and increased turn-in. Transitions as good as another mr2 I drove that had a TRD front sway bar, TRD rear strut bar, bilstein oem, and eibach springs. Car feels planted in hairpins but exhibits understeer at the limit - my car is stock OEM suspension except for the ebay strut bars. Will install and review rear bar next week. I paid $120 shipped for front and rear bars together.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Car feels planted in hairpins but exhibits understeer at the limit -Will install and review rear bar next week.
On my ST sway bars, the rear had two holes on each side to attach the rear sway bar end links through. One hole is for understeer versus the other that is for an oversteer setting. Does the rear godspeed sway bar have two holes to choose from for the sway bar end link(s)? If so maybe this will help your understeer case?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally installed the rears. Before this, I went up to the canyons for a 8/10 canyon run with only the front bar and ebay strut braces. Car just gripped with understeer - literally did not lose control/rear traction at all even when I tried to induce oversteer by lifting off the throttle mid-corner; in fact I actually understeered badly into the opposite side of the road in one tight hairpin. Car felt really safe - but boring lol.

With the new bar the car feels a lot more responsive. The car just turns flat and it feels like it has 0 body roll. I tried to induce some oversteer by gunning it while turning and it didn't slide at all - it actually feels a bit stiff at low speed but in corners the car rotates nicely now with no sloppiness at all. I honestly feel like these bars and the strut bars would be enough for autox and canyons - outhandles my AE92 with whiteline rear sway/ksport coilovers by far (even with the front bar only, I didn't have to brake in like half the turns I would normally do with my AE92).

Don't know how these will work with my forced auto coilovers - but by far these are the best value of any MR2 suspension upgrade even though they're godspeed - $120 shipped both F/R bars FTW.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts