MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've read Pat Signorino's site over and over again (BEST MR2 HELPER SITE! Thanks Pat!) and wiring up a genIII seems pretty straight forward. But here are my questions:

-What is a noise filter? What exactly does it do? I have a 93 turbo with full options except for cruise control, how likely would this be on my car?

-As for the door sensor and the driver's side speaker, if you didn't have an extra genIII body harness to pull connectors off of like what Pat had in his wiring tutorial, where can you find connectors that will plug right in?

And once you do have those connectors in place, where exactly do they wire up to?

And lastly, I have a 93 turbo, so that means I have an electronic speedo? So I'd just have to splice the genIII speedo sensor with the Gen2 and I'm good to go?

I've done my research but I'd just like to get some things clear.

Thanks.

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
#1 a capacitor, a coil and a few resistors...... gets rid of alternator whine..... i don't know what options it was standard with and so on so i cant answer your second question

#2 good question just splice them up of go rummaging through junkyards and see what you can find... I'm confused by what you pics are showing are you swapping body harnesses? if not leave all that tuff alone all your wiring can be done in the trunk and rear fuse box

#3 if your a 93+ car you have a ele speedo correct; once you wire up the car is will all be in line ( again that was real vague b/c i don't know what your doing ( splicing or harness swapping))

1 - 2 of 2 Posts