MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got a dyno run in last weekend after getting a freshly rebuilt ct20b stage 1 from CRW. My mods are as follows:

freshly rebuilt gen4 3sgte
tcs 4" intake
ebay sidemount intercooler
CRW Stage 1 CT20b at 16.8psi
3" TCS SP exhaust w/ test pipe

I touched 16.5 psi then it tapered down to 15.8psi.
A/F got to about 10.5 near redline

My Question is whats goin on at 5000rpm where torque drops and hp slows down???

here ya go!:
287.8hp and 273.3 lbft

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Overall i like the turbo but i can't really compare it to stock because my old turbo had a cracked busted exhaust manifold and it was leaking oil. After getting it rebuilt and a new manifold thanks to Josh at CRW the thing spools louder, earlier and faster than before. I'm not running a blow off valve and i hear it CHuh Chuh Chuh Chuh all the time even when i barely tap the gas a bit.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Very nice! Drop off after 5000 rpm looks pretty normal to me. Torque always drops off at high rpm ... my dyno looks really similar.

·
Registered
248 Posts
What's going on after 5000 rpm is a combination of your car's VE dropping off due to the stock cams and the pressure building in the exhaust manifold due to the turbine starting to become a restriction, also reducing VE. VE is volumetric efficiency, or how much air your engine moves through the car compared to how much it could under ideal circumstances.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good info! What do you guys think I can do safely to get more power while still sticking with stock ecu?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i just have a ball and spring manual boost controller....i would turn it up but once in a while it'll hit boost cut. so to stay on the safe side i set it at that lvl.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts