MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, looking for Gen3 tune up parts for my ride. Need plugs and wires and would like to know where you’ve purchased your parts from. It’s been a while since I’ve done a tune up (when I had a Gen2 motor), so not certain as to how much of a difference it would be compared to a Gen3. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
You can use Gen 2 wires if you want.
I'm sure primedriven.com carries most gen 3 parts you need including wires, distributor cap & rotor.
as for plugs, I use copper plugs NGK BKR7E.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Careful as GEN 2 wires have a different end cap on distributor cap. Also the gen 3 wires come with a new cable tray to hold together save onto valve cover. OEM is generally best all around.

There are several sources for parts including TwosRus, AEM, Prime and others who soley deal with OEM. I've got some occasional bits from RockAuto but you need to know what your buying as the quality can vary dramatically.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I bought all my 3rd gen tune up parts at TwosRUs. Same with my ball joints, tie rods, etc. They're basically the first place I look when a need arises for my MR2.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
toyodiy has all the diagrams and part numbers you'll ever need.
It had diagrams but not anymore. But it has the part numbers still if you know what you are looking for. It will find your exact car too for SW20. I use JPCARPARTS but it only covers the JDM cars but as 99% of the cars in NZ are JDM it works.

·
Registered
553 Posts
It had diagrams but not anymore. But it has the part numbers still if you know what you are looking for. It will find your exact car too for SW20. I use JPCARPARTS but it only covers the JDM cars but as 99% of the cars in NZ are JDM it works.
It still has them! You just need to sign in. I use my google account.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts