MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
The BT are different numbers because you can see they are totally different whether it is a Auto or Manual the EX has VVTi so the front of the cam has a similar profile to the inlet
BTW BT
13502‑88570 MANUAL EX
13502‑88571 AUTO EX

·
Registered
81 Posts
mr2racer7 said:
I put my heads away or i would help you out MANDALAY. Either way i am sure you are right and those are not beams cams. They would have more lift if they were.
the standard lift of rt cams are 10.5 for intake and 9.2 for exh.

he's only said the exh cam is redtop beams and that it has 9.2 lift. so what other cam could it be.

part numbers on cams are somewhat a moot point. as previously mentioned, gen2/3 cams have the same numbers on the casting, it's like toyota retained the casting moulds or whatever they use from the gen3 to create the blanks then machined to suit whatever.

intake cam was completely diff due to the vvti ends and hence all new cast?

heck, gen2 NA cams don't have any part numbers on them and the castings don't even match well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
another small point about comparing redtopSC'd to stock gen3.

2 different FI hardware creating boost. numbers mean nothing.

eg: you wouldn't excpect a gt2560 and a gt3582 to produce the same hp at the same PSI on the same motor would you?

the SC has a much bigger comp wheel compared to a turbo, so would also be flowing more air at the same PSI.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
3sgteftw said:
another small point about comparing redtopSC'd to stock gen3.

2 different FI hardware creating boost. numbers mean nothing.

eg: you wouldn't excpect a gt2560 and a gt3582 to produce the same hp at the same PSI on the same motor would you?

the SC has a much bigger comp wheel compared to a turbo, so would also be flowing more air at the same PSI.

My point of reference is purely head design, thats all.

Im over comparing SC vs Turbo long time ago. Frankly really dont give a sheeet

There will always be someone with a bigger, faster, better,more expensive build , fact of life and good luck to them

·
Registered
81 Posts
the issue is not so much comparing SC to turbo, but two completely different motors and setups, the only thing similar they have in common is the toyota 3S engine denomination.

your rotrex is rated to 400hp a ct20b is not.

you need to fit your complete SC'd setup etc to a gen3 turbo motor to get a comparision of extra flow etc of the head alone. too many variables to put a figure on the power/tourque difference due to the head used.

sure it'd have an increase, but how much you can't say or even get a clue from the dyno chart posted.

·
Registered
81 Posts
MANDALAY said:
Someone one day will build a Turbo Beams that is balls out .

But even without looking at any data , the design says it all.

The Beams head flows much better than a stock GEN 3
agree'd. hopefully my turbo beams will be done sooner rather than later.

need to get the missus to bring in more cash stop being a "finacial dead weight", thankfully i don't have kids to worry about. :eek:

·
Registered
810 Posts
If he measured the cams and it worked out to 9.2 then it doesnt matter what the part number says. Toyota probably didnt make proprietary mold for the cam since the redtop beams was so rare and machine work was required on the blank. And then started to at a later date. Either way thats just logistics and theory and paper info. What matters is real life. And in real life the cam was measured and was 9.2.

·
Registered
8,483 Posts
MANDALAY said:
Someone one day will build a Turbo Beams that is balls out .

But even without looking at any data , the design says it all.

The Beams head flows much better than a stock GEN 3
I was gonna go this route but there just aint enough aftermarket support for it to happen.

Cam selection,manifold selection,etc etc just aint enough to go that route.....

Angel

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
ruggiero06 said:
If he measured the cams and it worked out to 9.2 then it doesnt matter what the part number says. Toyota probably didnt make proprietary mold for the cam since the redtop beams was so rare and machine work was required on the blank. And then started to at a later date. Either way thats just logistics and theory and paper info. What matters is real life. And in real life the cam was measured and was 9.2.

Yes agree with your statement 100%

Could be one of the upgrades tho ?

I do know thou that if you order one you will get -88560

·
Registered
1 Posts

The Red Top EX cam is 13502‑88560
The Black Top EX cam Manual is 13502-88570
The Black Top EX cam Auto is 13502-88571

Dont need any proof at all you have posted the Part Number.
Just a quick question on the manual blacktop
What would the number be on the intake cam
Head i bought has 88560 on intake and 88570 ex is this correct

41 - 53 of 53 Posts