MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking at getting some hks cams but i have a few ?'s ... and yes i searched....

what is the part number to hks 272/264 "high Lift" cams if there is any dif. to what is on their website.

without rebuilding the head and only revving out to 7800, is there a benefit to running a straight 272/272 set? or should i just run 264/264, 272/264 ?

remember this is a gen3 motor, t67.....lots o supporting mods

David

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Apparently HKS USA will sell the high lift cams, but it's just a matter of knowing the proper part number, then knowing how to get them to process the order...

I phoned HKS USA about it late last year and talked to one of their tech guys. He told me that "yes, that part number does enter into our computer so we can get it, but you will need to have an proper HKS-Authorized Dealer (not one of the internet drop-shippers) submit a 100% prepaid order with the provided part numbers". Lead time was quoted as 4-6 weeks depending on availability in Japan, and the list price was their standard $335US. The part numbers are available on the HKS Japan website at

http://www.hks-power.co.jp/products/engine/camshaft/camshaft_data.html

After all that farting around, I ended up buying a set of regular lift cams from ATS to avoid dicking around with my Gen2 head...

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I would not run a 272 combo with that kind of redline in mind and that turbo... consider a 272/264 or straight 264s..

Although our motors are quite different.. Im finding efficiency with my gen III + 9.4mm lift 272s really take off between 7500 and 8000rpm.. not exactly where you want peak power.. bouncing off the limiter :)

-Tristan

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
wow you running a T67?
I was going to run that turbo also, but decide to go with the T61

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i accually have a t61 and a t67... no i am not running them both. i am undecided which to use. i will most likely be using the 61 tho.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts