MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm nearing completion of the gen 4 3sgte swap on my '91 N/A MR2 LHD, but I got a few things holding me back.

First, there's a hardline that comes off the wastegate actuator and heads toward the back of the car but I don't know where I need to connect it to. I'm gonna be using the stock top mount intercooler (still need stock bypass valve).

This picture is take from driver side looking down beside the valve cover.

Second, there is a connection on the underside of the intake manifold that I also don't know where to connect to either.

This picture is taken from driver side under where the intercooler connects to intake manifold.

Any help is greatly appreciated and if there's info that I'm missing, please tell me.
Thank you!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
First is meant to be connected to the factory boost controller solenoid and second is the idle valve air intake. It should probably have a filter on it or running a hose to the intake pipe after the main air filter but before the turbo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First is meant to be connected to the factory boost controller solenoid and second is the idle valve air intake. It should probably have a filter on it or running a hose to the intake pipe after the main air filter but before the turbo.
Thank you! I'm gonna me running a manual boost controller. Can I still connect to it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts