MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

Gen 3 swap in a 93' turbo HELP

936 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  black93hardtop 
#1 ·
I have this listed on the j-spec section. The link is: http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=160322

There is $10.00 to anyone that can give me a very detailed answer. Everything is explained in the other post. Thanks,

Brian

#2 ·
black93hardtop said:
Ok, I looked over the sticky, I am confused. Why would I have to change any wires when I have the engine wiring harness from the Gen 3 clip??? Does the body harness all work? SES lights?

Thank you all,
Brian

My understanding is that if you have a 91-92 model car the body harness will have to be modified for the genIII engine harness. I went through hell trying to get my genIII swap to work on my 91 mr2. Basically since the 91-92 body harness have a different wiring setup then the 93+ if you have a 91-92 you'll need to get the genIII body harness.

Here is a pic of what i'm trying to tell you:
look at the difference between gen2 sw20 1993 and gen2 sw20 1991

Since you have a 93 model you should be able to plug that 93 body harness to your genIII motor harness. 93+ Body harness and the genIII should be the same as in the number pins.

This link will tell you EVERYTHING that different in the gen2 and the gen3 wiring.
Notice that he is using a 91 cluster and 91 taillights...
http://www.mrtwo.net/mr2modproject/gen3stuff/gen3harness/gen3harness1.htm

Good luck with your swap !!! :thumbup

#3 ·
I looked at the 93' JDM harness VS the Gen 3 harness and there is many differences. such as:

VISC is missing on 93' harness
INT is missing on 93' harness
MTT is missing on 93' harness
M+ is missing on 93' harness
M- is missing on 93' harness
The EVP2 is TVIS on the 93'???
FPR is missing on 93' harness
VTA2 is missing on 93' harness
The OX1 is OX on the 93'???
PIM is missing on Gen 3 harness
PIM is VS on the 93' harness
THAM is THG on the 93' Harness
WINJ is missing on 93' harness
AC1 is AC on the 93' harness
ACT is missing on 93' harness
ABS is missing on 93' harness
CF is missing on 93' harness
CF is missing on 93' harness
ATS is PS on the 93' harness
ECO is PSCT on the 93' harness
THE is missing on 93' harness
CCO is missing on 93' harness
LEV is ABS on the 93' harness

This is a PIN for PIN compairison. Now mind you, this was the JDM 93' not the USDM 93' Is there a difference??? Still pretty confused. more details??? Is my info correct? Do I have to change wires around? add? More info please. After it's all said and done, I promise I will pick out the most useful answers and pay up. I'm good for it. The more info the better. I need ALL I CAN GET! Thanks so much guys!!!!!!! :thumbup

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.