MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Gen 3 mr2 clip and will be installing it shortly. What I need to know is if everything is a straight forward swap? I removed about everything from my 93' turbo and figure all I have to do is swap over all the gen 3 stuff and thats it! Am I correct??? Please let me know if there is ANY little things I need to know. I already have the 255lph fuel pump it needs, anything else??? Any info is GREAT! Thanks,

Brian
 

·
They call me LUCKY!
Joined
·
4,923 Posts
mechanicaly the same unbolt the old and bolt in teh new.... some minor rewiring will need to be done but only a few wires, nothing like a n/a to turbo swap. if you look at the stickies theres one that has the diffrence in the 2 ecu pin outs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
$10.00 For EVERYTHING I NEED TO KNOW!

Ok, I looked over the sticky, I am confused. Why would I have to change any wires when I have the engine wiring harness from the Gen 3 clip??? Does the body harness all work? SES lights?

I have $10.00 for anybody that can explain EVERYTHING I need to do. I will paypal it to them as soon as a VERY detailed answer is given. Explain it DETAILED! Please. I would prefer answers from people that have actually done the swap. I need this swap done in 2 weeks so I can run it around and check everything out before the warranty is up. I got a bad gen 2 from enginesrus on ebay and it was past the warranty, I got stuck with a knocking engine! I don't want the same thing twice! HELP HELP HELP!

Thank you all,
Brian

ALSO: I will give the $10.00 dollars to the person I feel gave the best and most detailed answer. If I feel others gave good answers as well, I'll throw them $5.00. I won't give away any more than $20.00 TOTAL. Thanks.

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked at the 93' JDM harness VS the Gen 3 harness and there is many differences. such as:

VISC is missing on 93' harness
INT is missing on 93' harness
MTT is missing on 93' harness
M+ is missing on 93' harness
M- is missing on 93' harness
The EVP2 is TVIS on the 93'???
FPR is missing on 93' harness
VTA2 is missing on 93' harness
The OX1 is OX on the 93'???
PIM is missing on Gen 3 harness
PIM is VS on the 93' harness
THAM is THG on the 93' Harness
WINJ is missing on 93' harness
AC1 is AC on the 93' harness
ACT is missing on 93' harness
ABS is missing on 93' harness
CF is missing on 93' harness
CF is missing on 93' harness
ATS is PS on the 93' harness
ECO is PSCT on the 93' harness
THE is missing on 93' harness
CCO is missing on 93' harness
LEV is ABS on the 93' harness

This is a PIN for PIN compairison. Now mind you, this was the JDM 93' not the USDM 93' Is there a difference??? Still pretty confused. more details??? Is my info correct? Do I have to change wires around? add? More info please. After it's all said and done, I promise I will pick out the most useful answers and pay up. I'm good for it. The more info the better. I need ALL I CAN GET! Thanks so much guys!!!!!!!

Brian
 

·
They call me LUCKY!
Joined
·
4,923 Posts
black93hardtop said:
Please. I would prefer answers from people that have actually done the swap. Brian

well i guess that excludes me thats a good way to fend off ppl that have info :thumbup



just as a pointer almost no 2 swaps are the same the options on your car makes a difference, a long with the options that the motor came with so you request data from a very small source of ppl that probably paid someone to do the work anyway....... you should have done your homework before coming to class there is alot of data the you need to go through to get EVERYTHING right. i am one of the only ppl that has done a gen3 swap on here and knows exactly what every wire is for and where it needs to go i spent mmmmm 6 months or so researching it then a few more weeks during the install to properly trace every wire that had no info. but i have not done a turbo to turbo swap
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
black93hardtop said:
I looked at the 93' JDM harness VS the Gen 3 harness and there is many differences. such as:

VISC is missing on 93' harness
INT is missing on 93' harness
MTT is missing on 93' harness
M+ is missing on 93' harness
M- is missing on 93' harness
The EVP2 is TVIS on the 93'???
FPR is missing on 93' harness
VTA2 is missing on 93' harness
The OX1 is OX on the 93'???
PIM is missing on Gen 3 harness
PIM is VS on the 93' harness
THAM is THG on the 93' Harness
WINJ is missing on 93' harness
AC1 is AC on the 93' harness
ACT is missing on 93' harness
ABS is missing on 93' harness
CF is missing on 93' harness
CF is missing on 93' harness
ATS is PS on the 93' harness
ECO is PSCT on the 93' harness
THE is missing on 93' harness
CCO is missing on 93' harness
LEV is ABS on the 93' harness

This is a PIN for PIN compairison. Now mind you, this was the JDM 93' not the USDM 93' Is there a difference??? Still pretty confused. more details??? Is my info correct? Do I have to change wires around? add? More info please. After it's all said and done, I promise I will pick out the most useful answers and pay up. I'm good for it. The more info the better. I need ALL I CAN GET! Thanks so much guys!!!!!!!

Brian
Looks like you compared your harness to an ST205 ECU pinout, not an MR2 gen3 pinout... INT, MTT, M+, M- and LEV all go to AWIC related parts (the pump, mostly).

The gen3 3s-gte harness is fairly different than a USDM turbo harness, so you will have some wiring to do.

I hope you have a lot of time during those two weeks to get this done! (I've been slowly working on an ST205 motor into my Camry for about 2 months now)

-Charlie
 

·
They call me LUCKY!
Joined
·
4,923 Posts
a swap is a swap homie same steps just different colors and different locations
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,986 Posts
well i did my swap and it wasnt a clip unfortunatly and mine was an n/a but here is what i know

1. use your engine harness from the clip
2. the fuse panel has some internal differences si if its all complet use the one from the clip
3.if you have the jdm body harness use it but its not alot different then the usdm turbo one but the plugs are reversed and if i remember correctly they are different aswell but contain some of the same things...it just has some extra ones like the factory exaust temp and stuff


the ecu has most if the pinouts that the st205 has ..example lev and M= the best thing is too open the eu cover and the pinouts are marked on the ecu

let me know if you have anything else...if i can help i will lol no charge lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
it is a very strait forward swap, I did it in 4 nights of wrenching after work, two of which i stood around more then i worked...it wasnt my first motor swap though...I can have a motor out of an mr2 in less then an hour and half with out breaking a sweet...

I also installed the gen3 with gen 2 harness so i rewired it aswell since i already had piggyback in that car and no maf...and my turbo-kit...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,798 Posts
desperodoz said:
it is a very strait forward swap, I did it in 4 nights of wrenching after work, two of which i stood around more then i worked...it wasnt my first motor swap though...I can have a motor out of an mr2 in less then an hour and half with out breaking a sweet...

I also installed the gen3 with gen 2 harness so i rewired it aswell since i already had piggyback in that car and no maf...and my turbo-kit...
I wish you where my next door neighbor :-/
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top