MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
1991 Celica Alltrac
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Transmission is etch primered! Since im not powdercoating the trans, im debating on the best paint choice... Im thinking a good epoxy paint will work well though. Im thinking some POR-15 Hardnose...

By alochow at 2012-02-19

·
Registered
12,019 Posts
Epoxy paint should be good enough, not sure how it will hold up to any chemicals you get on there, but will be a good solid base for anything else. Could call up a auto paint store and see if they have any recommendations too..

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Looks really nice.

Epoxy is great just remember you cant touch it up after as it wont stick so be careful of brake fluid. Also where the joints are it could crack there and possibly flake. I would go for an enamel that way you can respray any time you want. It will handle the heat of a gearbox but will take longer to fully dry.

Thats what ill do when i go for the E153

·
Premium Member
1991 Celica Alltrac
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mister3 said:
now you're gonna need to run a larger tranny cooler
Yeah.. figured on that... I already have a bigger one sorted out :p

Do you mr2 guys even have a tranny cooler??? isnt it just a lame little pipe or something?

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
l0ch0w said:
Yeah.. figured on that... I already have a bigger one sorted out :p

Do you mr2 guys even have a tranny cooler??? isnt it just a lame little pipe or something?
yeah ours is a metal loop from inlet to outlet.... lame as hell but i haven't checked transmission temps to see if one is really needed... don't really track race it either just daily drive and dragstrip action... 1320 feet doesn't heat trans fluid too much lol

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
____ one minute its under coat then its painted. You sure your not one of those graffiti artists ! Let it cure properly before you tighten the brackets down or you might fuse it together and make a mess. A light smear of wax between them would be good

·
Premium Member
1991 Celica Alltrac
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MANDALAY said:
____ one minute its under coat then its painted. You sure your not one of those graffiti artists ! Let it cure properly before you tighten the brackets down or you might fuse it together and make a mess. A light smear of wax between them would be good
Lol... i waited a whole day between priming and coating.

The brackets are just sitting on there and the bolts arent even in all the way...

The red brackets have been powdercoated for months...

·
Premium Member
1991 Celica Alltrac
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is a small update on the harness... I have removed the three bulky deutsch connectors on the body harness and opted for a single connector. As of now, I am pretty much finished with the wiring inside the firewall... Here are some pretty pictures of the new connector next to the Engine harness connector.

By alochow at 2012-03-13

By alochow at 2012-03-13

·
Premium Member
1991 Celica Alltrac
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Its been awhile since I have updated... Ive been busy with school and work lately... anyways, the first step i need to do before dropping the engine in is putting some paint in my engine bay... so here we go :)

By alochow at 2012-04-05

1 - 20 of 120 Posts