MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

Gen 3 3sgte vacuum diagram

467 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  13irteenthhour 
#1 ·
I've recently completed my build . 2.1 stroker fully forged . Running a link v2 v3 g4x. My issue currently car feels.very sluggish in any gear and at 5k I'm hitting boost cut/fuel cut. I'm thinking I have a vacuum leak or boost leak or vacuum line is blocked off that shouldn't be . I noticed a hardliners nipple blocked off under the intake manifold left side of knock sensor . Any help is appreciated.

#2 ·
Has it been tuned? Or is it only on the MAP the ECU came with?

Image 4 is your engine
This also has some of the intake piping. Image 3.

These engines only care about the air that enters the throttle body, but if you have a boost leak it will show up as slow.
Cutting at 5k rpm is interesting. What is boost cut set to on the ECU?
It's possible your tachometer needs the capacitators replacing as it could be showing the wrong RPM to actual.
Typically an S54 gearbox is about 3000rpm at 100kph and E153 is 2750rpm at 100kph. If these don't match then look here. Not saying it is but looking at options.

#6 ·
Yes car is tuned . Current boost is 20lbs . Could it possibly be the tps is not adjusted correctly? I know the link ecu has tps calibration which I've done but I don't know if that matters if the actual tps on the car is not aligned correctly. I've also noticed on deceleration that car runs rich . Prior to this build my afr would always go to 20 afr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.