MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Do not exceed 17psi on a gen 2 map sensor. I finally got my car setup with gt3071 turbo and running on a link ecu. I had a decent tune at 16.5psi making 283whp. Which was decent, later on I wanted more power and increased boost to around 19... well, problem is gen 2 map sensor flat lines at 5v at about 18psi. So anything above that, you're only going to be getting fuel for 18psi maximum unless you upgrade your map sensor.

Anyway, as you might imagine, the engine ran very lean and popped a headgasket and even seized the#2 cylinder.

Also to add, I would recommend adding a fuel correction to the middle cylinders of about 2%. It was obvious the two middle cylinders were running quite a bit leaner than the outside two. Which also means there had to be more power on the table. If the inside cylinders were lean and afr is 11.2:1, that means the outside cylinders are probably too rich, so anyway I've learned alot.

The main thing is don't rely on a gen 2 map sensor above 17psi, it will flatline and your engine will run lean as a result.

http://gtfour.supras.org.nz/mapsensor.htm

·
Super Moderator
2,803 Posts
Wouldn't you use the internal sensor on the LINK ECU? If it's 3bar then you will be able to run about 30psi. 2bar is only 14.7psi as they are rated as absolute sensors where 1 bar is 0psi and 14.7psi is 2 bar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts