MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post ever, Im not sure if this is the right place to post this thread but my MR2 recently developed a new oil leak, I've owned the car for almost 2 years now, it always had a small oil leak and I could never really see where it was coming from but it was only a few drops a day if that so I never worried to much about that one, but a new oil leak as developed at the top from a part that I dont know the name of because im still learning when it comes to cars especially mr2s, i dont know if this is a common place for oil leaks or if its something bad. It drips constantly when the engine is running. How can I fix this? do I need to buy a new one? whats the part called? Im guessing its some sort of sensor but i really dont know, sorry if this is a dumb post and I know someone has likely posted about this problem before but again I dont know what its called to look anything up :LOL: Its a 1992 USDM gen2 3sgte with around 110,000 miles for reference

oilleak1.jpg IMG_0211.JPG

·
Registered
107 Posts
That’s the oil pressure sensor. Just unscrew it get a little piece of Teflon tape on threads screw it back in. Or get new one there fairly easy to find

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s the oil pressure sensor. Just unscrew it get a little piece of Teflon tape on threads screw it back in. Or get new one there fairly easy to find
Update I took it out and wrapped the threads with Teflon, put everything back together and when I started it its still leaking but out of the front of the sensor and all over the connector for the wire, so I think I need a new one ?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Might need a new sensor... it might be cracked or just old... my MR2 has leaked for a decade.. a few drops after I **** it off... I think it’s an outer oil leak at HG... I always planned on a newer motor so I never fixed it... never even cared

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is my first post ever, Im not sure if this is the right place to post this thread but my MR2 recently developed a new oil leak, I've owned the car for almost 2 years now, it always had a small oil leak and I could never really see where it was coming from but it was only a few drops a day if that so I never worried to much about that one, but a new oil leak as developed at the top from a part that I dont know the name of because im still learning when it comes to cars especially mr2s, i dont know if this is a common place for oil leaks or if its something bad. It drips constantly when the engine is running. How can I fix this? do I need to buy a new one? whats the part called? Im guessing its some sort of sensor but i really dont know, sorry if this is a dumb post and I know someone has likely posted about this problem before but again I dont know what its called to look anything up :LOL: Its a 1992 USDM gen2 3sgte with around 110,000 miles for reference

View attachment 68637 View attachment 68638
/There's also a small hose near oil filter (don't know what Toyota was thinking putting a rubber hose so close to a hot engine), often overlooked. Watch Wheeler Dealers on Velocity/MotorTrend channel, Season 16, Episode 2 They show that hose and a nice fix up on a "91 Turbo. (y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts