MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post ever, Im not sure if this is the right place to post this thread but my MR2 recently developed a new oil leak, I've owned the car for almost 2 years now, it always had a small oil leak and I could never really see where it was coming from but it was only a few drops a day if that so I never worried to much about that one, but a new oil leak as developed at the top from a part that I dont know the name of because im still learning when it comes to cars especially mr2s, i dont know if this is a common place for oil leaks or if its something bad. It drips constantly when the engine is running. How can I fix this? do I need to buy a new one? whats the part called? Im guessing its some sort of sensor but i really dont know, sorry if this is a dumb post and I know someone has likely posted about this problem before but again I dont know what its called to look anything up :LOL: Its a 1992 USDM gen2 3sgte with around 110,000 miles for reference

oilleak1.jpg IMG_0211.JPG

·
Registered
89 Posts
That’s the oil pressure sensor. Just unscrew it get a little piece of Teflon tape on threads screw it back in. Or get new one there fairly easy to find

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s the oil pressure sensor. Just unscrew it get a little piece of Teflon tape on threads screw it back in. Or get new one there fairly easy to find
Update I took it out and wrapped the threads with Teflon, put everything back together and when I started it its still leaking but out of the front of the sensor and all over the connector for the wire, so I think I need a new one 😅

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Might need a new sensor... it might be cracked or just old... my MR2 has leaked for a decade.. a few drops after I **** it off... I think it’s an outer oil leak at HG... I always planned on a newer motor so I never fixed it... never even cared

·
Registered
2 Posts
An oil slick is the arrival of a fluid oil hydrocarbon into the earth, particularly the marine biological system, because of human action, and is a type of contamination. The term is normally given to marine oil slicks, where oil is discharged into the sea or waterfront waters, however spills may likewise happen ashore. Oil slicks might be because of arrivals of unrefined petroleum from tankers, seaward stages, penetrating apparatuses and wells, just as spills of refined oil based commodities, (for example, gas, diesel) and their side-effects, heavier powers utilized by huge ships, for example, dugout fuel, or the spill of any sleek deny or waste oil.

·
Registered
2 Posts
An oil spill is the appearance of a liquid oil hydrocarbon into the earth, especially the sea life organic framework, due to human activity, and is a kind of tainting. The term is typically given to marine oil spills, where oil is released into the ocean or waterfront waters, visit anyway spills may in like manner happen shorewards. Oil spills may be a result of appearances of grungy oil from tankers, toward the ocean stages, infiltrating contraptions and wells, similarly as spills of refined oil based items, (for instance, gas, diesel) and their reactions, heavier forces used by immense boats, for instance, burrow fuel, or the spill of any smooth deny or waste oil.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is my first post ever, Im not sure if this is the right place to post this thread but my MR2 recently developed a new oil leak, I've owned the car for almost 2 years now, it always had a small oil leak and I could never really see where it was coming from but it was only a few drops a day if that so I never worried to much about that one, but a new oil leak as developed at the top from a part that I dont know the name of because im still learning when it comes to cars especially mr2s, i dont know if this is a common place for oil leaks or if its something bad. It drips constantly when the engine is running. How can I fix this? do I need to buy a new one? whats the part called? Im guessing its some sort of sensor but i really dont know, sorry if this is a dumb post and I know someone has likely posted about this problem before but again I dont know what its called to look anything up :LOL: Its a 1992 USDM gen2 3sgte with around 110,000 miles for reference

View attachment 68637 View attachment 68638
/There's also a small hose near oil filter (don't know what Toyota was thinking putting a rubber hose so close to a hot engine), often overlooked. Watch Wheeler Dealers on Velocity/MotorTrend channel, Season 16, Episode 2 They show that hose and a nice fix up on a "91 Turbo. (y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts