MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just picked up a set of injectors from a AE92 smallport GZE to go into my 4age. Now the connectors are different( 4age is blue and a type C connector I think, http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/9975/dataBySubject/Injectors.html , The GZE's are type E I think, so is all that I need to do is find a set of type E connectors and splice those on? If so anyone know of any sources?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darn it :mad: I was under the impression that plugs from a 4afe would fit- so I'm thinking -great theres plenty of 4afes in the junkyard, should be a cinch. Well they don't fit, and I tried every Toyota with an engine still in it they had- mainly just carollas, but there was a GTS with a nice redtop in it- and nope that doesn't fit either. On the way out I tried some Hondas just for the hell of it, but no they don't fit.
Where can I find a set of these plugs?

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
All you have to do is shave off the connector guide on the injector itself and they will plug right in to the existing connectors, no need for splicing at all.

·
Registered
881 Posts
If I recall, don't the GE injectors with the type C coupler , the blue injectors, use the resistor block , becuz they are low resistance? Would you have to bypass the resistor block to run the high resistance injectors? Confuzed

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Yes and no, the GZE are low imp. just like the early MK1 NA so no need to modify the box, now the later GE uses high imp. so if you're replacing injectors on the later GE with GZE injectors then you need to add a res. box.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
This is why I have a cut 4agze harness in my garage.

I have used connectors from it on more than one occasion :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, so I swapped the injectors in today, but now that they're in and everythings torqued down, I can rotate them side to side. I mean the stock injectors moved with some resistance, but these move rather easily. Any suggestions?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts