MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having a problem with my radiator fans and my aem gauge pod . So I have a 91 NA model swapped with a gen4 , I have a mishimoto radiator and fans and I also have a gauge pod pillar , the problem I’m having is that my fans will not turn on even though the car is completely warmed up , they will turn on however if I disconnect the fuse I taped into for my gauge pod which is the 7.5 amp gauge fuse . Idk why that fuse is affecting my fans when the fan fuses are in the frunk and those are all good . Any ideas ?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
The radiator fan fuses and relays are in the frunk. All fan function is controlled by the A/C amplifier. Your cans should come on with ignition if you disconnect the radiator temp sensor from the harness. This sensor is in the bottom of the radiator. If they do not, there is a problem - wiring, relay, fuse, dead amplifier, whatever.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The radiator fan fuses and relays are in the frunk. All fan function is controlled by the A/C amplifier. Your cans should come on with ignition if you disconnect the radiator temp sensor from the harness. This sensor is in the bottom of the radiator. If they do not, there is a problem - wiring, relay, fuse, dead amplifier, whatever.
Ok so when I disconnect the sensor with the ignition the fans come on but on the inside fuse box on the 7.5 gauge fuse if I take the fuse out the fans turn on aswell and when I connect the fuse they turn off

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Your fans are functional this means either you have a wiring fault, or a sensor fault, or a controller fault. The BGB has good troubleshooting guides for HVAC and cooling functions. I suggest you have a look at those sections of the repair manual and also the Electrical Wiring Diagram cooling/hvac section for your car. If you can't find anything useful then come back and I will take a look for you but I don't have time for that right this minute.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your fans are functional this means either you have a wiring fault, or a sensor fault, or a controller fault. The BGB has good troubleshooting guides for HVAC and cooling functions. I suggest you have a look at those sections of the repair manual and also the Electrical Wiring Diagram cooling/hvac section for your car. If you can't find anything useful then come back and I will take a look for you but I don't have time for that right this minute.
But it’s weird because on the fuse box inside if I disconnect the 7.5 gauge fuse the fans turn on

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
But it’s weird because on the fuse box inside if I disconnect the 7.5 gauge fuse the fans turn on
Do they turn on with the car off?
The 7.5A gauge fuse shouldn't have power with the car off. Does seem like a wiring or sensor fault to me. These circuits don't relate.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Yah so interestingly the 7.5A gauge fuse feeds the A/C amplifier and the HVAC control module so you know what I would just leave this circuit alone and get your power feed for your AEM from somewhere else. This is the supporting EWD.

PS. what I like to do with add-on circuits is power them straight from the battery with an ignition switched relay and a dedicated fuse.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you sure that there is even anything wrong? The fans are not needed often, and if your car is not overheating, everything may be working properly.
Yea the car doesn’t overheat but I’ve never seen the fans turn on but I know they work because I used a power probe to power them and they do turn on

1 - 10 of 10 Posts