MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the stock boost gauge is garbage, got it. Known it for years, dont like it, but whatever.
So what can we put there instead?
I know there are the small omori, right? Those arent too cheap, but do look nice.
What other options are there to put in that spot, something that would look fairly OEM like the omori.
Can you swap in a battery gauge from the NA?
What have yall seen in that location?

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Yes you can swap the volt meter from the NA cluster. Although you probably can't find one EMS sold a digital gauge, I have one that came with my car it's cool because it shows peak boost so you don't have to watch the gauge.

If I had to do it again I'd probably install a boost controller that shows boost and install the voltmeter in the boost gauge location.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I did as J.harris’ suggested and installed a HKS boost controller in the click position. Can not only adjust duel program settings but also have real time display plus flashes 3 times when reaching max boost value. Very handy and easy to see.

jim

·
Registered
70 Posts
The omari gauge is very nice and oem look with white leds in cluster.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Yeah you're right, I misread that as boost gauge in stock location I didn't see that he said boost controller.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My guess is he meant boost controller in the CLOCK location like this

(If image doesnt load google "mr2 clock pod" under images)
I personally have the omori in my stock gauge location like Boudin posted and I love it. Everyone who sees it thinks that its stock.
Another option would be to go with something like this Rico gauge. I think we are going to try and fit one of these into the v6 swap car my Dad is building. 45mm Performance Miniature Oil Pressure Gauge-PSI - Rico Instrument

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So is EMS powered out of business now?
I did the search mentioned and it seems like there was something offered by EMS Powered, which I got a intercooler shroud from years ago, but i went to send an email and it got kicked back to me

·
Registered
4 Posts
So the stock boost gauge is garbage
Nothing wrong with the stock gauge, especially after you modify your car and then increase the boost. With 17psi the needle hits the top of the gauge, what else do you need ? If you want to add something useful that the car doesn't have at all, then put in a fuel pressure gauge or a AFR gauge.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Nothing wrong with the stock gauge, especially after you modify your car and then increase the boost. With 17psi the needle hits the top of the gauge, what else do you need ? If you want to add something useful that the car doesn't have at all, then put in a fuel pressure gauge or a AFR gauge.
Have you compared a stock gauge movement to a proper gauge? It's super slow, gives no actual numbers and when the car has low boost levels it shows vacuum. It doesn't provide any useful data at all.

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[note to self: take no advice from tronic]

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have EMS's boost gauge in greem but I was looking for a blue one to match my interior's leds. Fyi if you get your hands on one this is how it looks like

Attachments

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I have EMS's boost gauge in greem but I was looking for a blue one to match my interior's leds. Fyi if you get your hands on one this is how it looks like
Looks good. Are you able to change the lights from green to blue yourself or are they surface mounted?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts