MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't figure out why my gas engine lid prop rod is stuck. Do i need to turn it or something? Its just frozen halfway extended and i can't move it in or out.

Any ideas?

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
did it get bent?
or have you compressed it all the way yet? might not be lubed up to slide through the gasket

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm playing with it now as i type this...I can twist it, but can't push it in. Its not bent. You think I should try lubing it?

twosrus stuff rocks by the way even if this thing is broken.

EDIT: It works!!!!!!! jsut needed some lube, thanks!

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
MR2turboFAN said:
I'm playing with it now as i type this...I can twist it, but can't push it in. Its not bent. You think I should try lubing it?

twosrus stuff rocks by the way even if this thing is broken.

EDIT: It works!!!!!!! jsut needed some lube, thanks!
Actually, you aren't really supposed to be able to push it in by hand. A lot of people write me with 'this strut is defective!', but they just don't realize how much force #50 really is. If you could push it in easily by hand, it wouldn't hold up your engine lid. :)

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, this is my stupid day. Ever have a day where you do a bunch of stupid things and they all happen in one day? thats today for me. Thanks a lot!

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
thats the truth i was amaized at the strength of the one for the engine lid so small yet so strong

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
Eh, not stupid. I would have answered earlier, but I didn't realize what was going on. I thought you had it on the car and it was stuck halfway out.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
ima be getting one soon, i'm glad i read this, i would of probly broke it by forcing it lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts