MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Head: OEM valves or just stock sized valves?
T-VIS: Is the ecu controlling this? How do you determine what RPM you should have this opening at? I know the power primer says so a run and when hp and torque lines intersect, that's your opening point. Is this what you did?
Completely stock head except for cams. Yes the ECU is controlling the TVIS. We have the ECU open the TVIS at 3500 and close it at 3000 because we ran out of time. We want to go back once we upgrade to a CDI to re-tune and find the right spot for the TVIS opening point. The way you do it is you do a pull with the TVIS disable and another pull with it enable and overlay both dynos torque, and right where they intersect should be your opening point.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
We are using a 1000cc nozzle but we are not injecting that much, probably around 500cc progressively. We are Injecting 100% meth.
At that amount, did you have to pull any fuel out of the tune or do you just let it go a little rich?

I'd be curious to see the dyno plot with AFR and MAP graphs as well if you have it.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Not really, you don't star to see major changes up until around 700cc.
Were you able to advance the timing at all with it? Or did you tune w/o it and then just use it to cool the intake mix and provide a little extra safety?

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
OK quick update. I contacted the Dyno/tuner to request a Boost, RPM, whp,wheel lb torque graph and I was told that the Dyno actually reads wheel torque and whp, but it was displaying it wrong. He has since got an update for his Dyno and now it reads correctly because a lot of customers were complaining about it. I trust his word since he is very well known and trustworthy, but we still wanna go back and do some more tuning, once we do I'll post the graph.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts