MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked my car in right in front of my class.
It was 20 min loading zone.
Definately, i got parking ticket from University.
Funny thing is, police officer wrote my car as Toyota Turbo. :thumbup
I have 94+ taillight, and there is no "MR2" on any where.
I guess police officer doesn't know about our precious car. lol
Should i pay for it? lol.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I have two parking tickets from West Virginia U. from about a year ago. I dont plan on paying, but I dont live in WV or go to school there.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I had 400 dollars one semester in parking tickets, 360 the next semester. The second semester, they sent my mother a letter that said they'd withhold my schedule for the next semester until the fines were paid, the same letter that I stole out of the mail the semester earlier, and they didn't withhold my classes. But my mom made me pay the 360, she was afraid... what a jerk :)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I got a $15 dollar ticket the other day for not having a parking pass at my college, EVEN THOUGH MY PASS WAS CLEARLY DISPLAYED! So I went and complained and got it dropped.

·
Registered
972 Posts
beneintray said:
I parked my car in right in front of my class.
It was 20 min loading zone.
Definately, i got parking ticket from University.
Funny thing is, police officer wrote my car as Toyota Turbo. :thumbup
I have 94+ taillight, and there is no "MR2" on any where.
I guess police officer doesn't know about our precious car. lol
Should i pay for it? lol.
at least it dint say, Ford Probe :lol2:

·
Registered
185 Posts
With my old gold MR2, all the decals were removed and my parking ticket was for a Toyota Brown. He also filled in the color as brown. There must have been some sort of clue displayed for him to know it was a Toyota, cause they sure didn't know it was an MR2! :evillaugh

I should have fought it since I didn't own a Toyota Brown or a brown toyota for that matter.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Yes, but the VIN number, if used on the ticket or reported, will certainly be linked to you. If you go tampering and removing the VIN, then I suppose you have bigger issues to deal with.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
my school tacks it on to your tuition every semester, along with health center bills, library fines, and the chair my roommate threw out of the 7th floor window.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
If you don't pay the parking tickets, they can withhold your registration for next year and you won't be able to drive it legally anymore. I would pay it off...

Eric

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
Well, I got two parking tickets last fall (got both of them dropped for one reason or another), but on one they said my car was blue, on the other they said green. (its an aquamarine, so could go either way, but I thought it was kinda funny)

·
Registered
236 Posts
I would make the cop come to the court hearing pay the ticket and call him a moron and tell him to go back to metermaid school and learn how to write a proper ticket as well as learn how to identify vehicles properly.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Haha, found a parking ticket in my MR2 when I got it from June of 2000, that states Make:Other....Didn't even identify it as a toyota

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Fidgitk said:
The university I went to wouldn't let you graduate unless you paid all outstanding parking tickets.
What about the ones that were pretty good, but not quite outstanding?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I got a parking ticket earlier this year when I drove my MR2 to class, but forgot to grab my parking pass out of my beater. I didn't really care, though, because I didn't have time to drive all the way back home just to avoid a $10 ticket.

Now, my car was completely debadged and had no distinguishing marks on it, so the guy wrote "Mazda MR2" on it. How did he know it was an MR2 but didn't know it was a Toyota?! :smile:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
884agze said:
With my old gold MR2, all the decals were removed and my parking ticket was for a Toyota Brown. He also filled in the color as brown. There must have been some sort of clue displayed for him to know it was a Toyota, cause they sure didn't know it was an MR2! :evillaugh

I should have fought it since I didn't own a Toyota Brown or a brown toyota for that matter.
the cops(EDIT:i shuldnt give hem the respect of calling them cops) here must be colour blind... last summer i got a parking ticket in my 93 staiting the car was orange and it had bcplate 360 bbb but arent bc plates 2 numbers and 4 letters? anyways i didnt pay it... it was something etarded like 100 for paring on the grass at school ause the lot and street was full and i was late

and im not sure if anyone has got impark parking tickets... those guys are retarded it clearly states mr2 on the back of my car and somehow it magically became a supra??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts