MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so here I go. I just finished up the rebuld of my 91 91T 3SGTE. I basically rebuilt the bottom end, and replaced the head and other seals/gaskets. Installed a 20b, 3"downpipe, and intake. I have a few issue's I think are related.

The first is the fact that the idle seems to be quirky. I swear it almost feels like it's misfiring, not staying where it used to be. It used to idle a little high, around 1000 rpm, but I didn't notice any miss. Now, on start up, it doesn't rev very high, only about 12-1300rpm. Also, the idle now is at 850 but sometimes hovers around 1000 sitting at a stop light. I can feel the engine shaking more it used to as well, seems like it's just not happy with a 850rpm idle. I replaced all the IGN compoents, cap, rotor, plugs, wires, coil wire, just about everything but the coil during the rebild.

I now have two codes in the computer as well: first one is #12, RPM signal. I set the timing to 10 degree's before TDC like the book said. Could this have something to do with it?

The other code is #34, but I think that's because I have a CT20b and still haven't gotten a FCD yet. It has hit boost cut more then a few times.

The only thing I can think of is that after searching, I've found that for some reason, if you don't bleed the cooling system, you can get a poor idle. Does anyone else have any other idea's? Thanks.

Justin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts