MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Right, I thought I had my fuel system sorted as I was under the impression that the stock EMS always wants to be seeing high impedance with regards to the injectors. So my power FC works on the same prinicple. Therefore for injectors I had two choices, low impedance injectors with stock resistor packs or high impedance injectors and get rid of the resistor packs?

I have received my top feed fuel rail with 83lb injectors. Now having done a google, all 83lb injectors in the US seem to be low impedance - is this right? This would mean that they would need to operate with the stock resistor packs - yes?

Initially I'd assumed that I would need to ditch the resistor packs to operate these injectors.

Sorry, just getting confused now!

Anyone else fitted top feed 72, 83, 90+ type lb injectors that have been through all this.

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTTT

Bit of an update. The 83lb injectors I've got are low impedance. I ran a multimeter across it and the injectors are 2.5 ohms. I also tried this with a stock injector and they seemed to be around 3 ohms.

To me, this seems a very small difference. I spoke to a friend of mine who's more into the car audio side and he recons half an ohm is a tiny difference not worth being concerned about.

My plan is to run the 83lb injectors on the stock resistor packs. Does anyone know any reason why I shouldnt?

There must be a ton of people on here with a top feed fuel setup that have looked at this side of things. Common guys, bit of feed back would be cool :)

Thanks!

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts