MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a rev 2 n/a as spares or repairs and I’m not getting any fuel. I’ve taken the centre console out and connected the cables in the grey plug direct to the battery and nothing. Is this the pump? Normally I would assume so but putting the multimeter on to the other half of the plug registers zero volts so no power to the pump from there, even for a few seconds when I turn the ignition on. Also, I have a grey plug in the engine bay where the pump relay would be on the turbo. Should something be plugged into it?
Any help would be appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
11,975 Posts
I bought a rev 2 n/a as spares or repairs and I’m not getting any fuel. I’ve taken the centre console out and connected the cables in the grey plug direct to the battery and nothing...

... no power to the pump from there, even for a few seconds when I turn the ignition on...
If the car has been sitting for a long time, the pump is likely seized.

You probably have to crank in order to get power to the pump. I am not familiar with your car, but it was thus with the mk1.

·
Registered
7,589 Posts
Usually best check is to jumper the FP to B+ terminals in Diag port to see if pump runs. Failing this Is apply 12v directly to connection under as test to check as well as check grounding of pump. If no go then pump is dead and you will experience one of the hardest jobs on a MR2 replacing. Just be thankful it’s not a turbo .

·
Registered
2 Posts
One of the best indicators of a failing fuel pump is found on the road while driving your car at a consistently high speed. If the vehicle suddenly sputters and then resumes regular performance, there may be something wrong with the fuel pump. This engine sputtering happens because the pump is struggling to supply a constant stream of fuel to the engine at the proper pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts