MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright it is really cold outside(20 degrees) and I just got my gen II swap working, When I hit the gas my turbo spools unbeleivebly fast, I hit fuel cut in every gear but first, my mods are tko dp, greddy intercooler, greddy PEX, intake. I disconnected the pressure sensor but it was somehow still hitting fuel cut, my turbo wants to spool to like 18 psi... is this normal? I can't go over like 4000 RPMs in any gear.

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
"...I disconnected the pressure sensor but it was somehow still hitting fuel cut,"

Did you disconnect the hose or did you disconnect the harness?

Disconnecting the harness will NOT eliminate FC.

If you disconnected the hose, and still hit FC, then you have an open or a short in the PIM (pressure sensor) circuit.

bill

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried both, and neither worked.... The wierd thing is is that it hits fuel cut at right around 12psi where it is supposed to even with the hose unplugged..... do I need a new pressure sensor, according to my boost gauge its cutting it at the right time, but I can't disble it.

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
jdmr215640 said:
I tried both, and neither worked.... The wierd thing is is that it hits fuel cut at right around 12psi where it is supposed to even with the hose unplugged..... do I need a new pressure sensor, according to my boost gauge its cutting it at the right time, but I can't disble it.
Like I said:

"If you disconnected the hose, and still hit FC, then you have an open or a short in the PIM (pressure sensor) circuit."

The ECU also calculates boost pressure by comparing the airflow to the RPM. If you disconnect the sensor electrically, or if the circuit is open or shorted, the ECU still initiates FC based on this calculation.

In order to eliminate FC, the ECU must have an electrical input from the sensor. Otherwise it defaults to the calculated boost. In order to eliminate FC, you must disconnect the HOSE ONLY.

bill

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I mean, I tried to just disconnect the sensor, then I plugged it back in when it still hit fuel cut and took of the hose and it still mocked me and hit fuel cut i don't know where to go from here.

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
Then you obviously have some problem in the PIM (boost sensor) circuit. What is your OEM gauge doing?

Check all of the connections at the sensor and at the ECU. Then check the voltage on PIM to E1/E2(ground). With the key on, engine off, you should read ~ 2.5 volts.

bill

·
Banned
3,065 Posts
when i first got my car running after putting in my ct20b, it was kinda cold out. the car had been sitting forever without power. i had the same thing while boosting for a while, and my sensor wasn't even plugged in (by hose.) it got better the more i drove it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts