MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE (5/14/2015): Tinted pair has been sold! Clear pair still available!

I have two pairs of first gen T-Tops for sale, one clear pair and one tinted pair.

The clear pair is from a 1988 Supercharged MR2 that had a black interior, however some of the black paint has flaked off revealing brown plastic underneath (so originally from a tan/brown interior and repainted black).

The tinted pair is from a 1987 MR2 with tan/brown interior. The tan color is the original color and is in good shape, however there are two nicks on the tinting, both on the inside (cabin side).

The glass and plastic parts on both pairs are in great shape, no cracks that I've found. I don't have the keys for these so you'll need to get them rekeyed (if desired).

I also have a t-top bag (I know I've got a 2nd bag but haven't found it in my garage yet).

I'm looking to get $125 per pair and I'll toss in the bag(s) no charge to the first comer. Please let me know if you're interested or if you have a friend who needs 1987-89 T-Tops.

I live in Fresno, CA and commute to the Bay Area almost every weekend so am flexible to meet-up for delivery. We do a lot of shipping at my work and I'm confident I could carefully package these up and ship them as well.

Thanks for looking!

Clear pair:

Tinted pair:

At one time I had two of these. I know I have the 2nd one somewhere, need to dig around more to find it:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Headed to the South Bay area for the weekend and have a Bay Area sell pending on my remaining Clear T-Top pair. This potential buyer has not contacted me in more than a week but I'm bringing them with me just in case he finds his computer.

If this guy doesn't contact me by Saturday evening, then I'm willing to negotiate the price if I can find someone in the Bay Area who needs some T-Tops, and not have to bring these back home with me after the weekend!

Please shoot me a PM if you are in the Bay Area and are looking for some T-Tops. I'll be staying near the Blossom Hill area of south San Jose and am willing to meet up halfway within reason.

Thank you!

Regards,
BigMike

·
Registered
618 Posts
Interior cover?

Hello

I'm needing the interior t-top cover for the passenger's side. This is the cover that has two prongs that fit toward the side window and the rotating latch in the center. Fits under the t-top glass to block out sunlight.

Have this item?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Do you still have the clear t-top pair?

Reactions: BigMike

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you still have the clear t-top pair?
Hello fcaw11!! Ohh man I can't believe this thread lol YES!! I still have them, I am 98% sure I do. They should be in a storage unit at the moment and I can go check on them either tomorrow or this weekend

If I have them, they will be in the same exact condition as pictured because I remember storing them carefully and no one has touched them since I posted this thread. It's been a while but I should still have them as well as the one carrying case I believe which I'll include

Also, I see your location is SoCal. I'll be heading down to Lucerne Valley tomorrow (between Barstow & Big Bear) and can meet up anywhere between Fresno and there, ie. maybe you cruise up the 15 and we meet up in Victorville? (If this works for you then I'll head to my storage tomorrow morning before leaving town.) Also, I'll be at LAX next Wed the 23rd and could meet up anywhere between Fresno & LAX then as well

Let me know bud and thanks for posting! I am pretty sure I still have them and it would be good for them to find a home!

Regards,
BigMike

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also have both SC12 and SC14 Superchargers for sale in case you need one or know of anyone that might be interested.

The SC12 is my old SC whose rear cover I swapped onto a SC14 when I did the conversion long ago, so it currently has a SC14 rear cover meaning the dip stick is on the wrong side. But you can add oil before installing and it will be fine, or if you have a SC12 that is damaged just swap over it's tail housing and be done.

The SC12 worked great when I removed it, and it is in a normal used dirty condition. It has no pulley. The SC14 however, I made water tight plates ran it through our pressure washer so it is nice and clean. I've done this to three SC14's that I've sold so far as well as the one currently on my '87 MR2 that works great. It has the stock Previa SC14 pulley on it.

I'm looking to get $250 for either with free personal SoCal delivery tomorrow or next Wednesday :D

Regards,
BigMike

·
Registered
359 Posts
Are you still asking $125 for the pair, no tint, original color tan, painted black? BTW, I did not receive notifications on your reply.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts