MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you ship the airbag, as many of the shippers consider it an explosive?
Ship it via UPS ground method which according to UPS is the way to go.
I’ve shipped many air bags this way UPS ground and never had any issues at all, of course I tape plug up the air bag connector to prevent possible static spark from any plastic wrap packaging material inside the box.
Try wrapping the air bag with newspaper or paper sheet to help prevent this
I’ve also bought a few air bags on fleabay this way and zero issues, it’s all about how well properly packaged boxed it is

·
Registered
80 Posts
These are $80+/- at junkyards out of Corolla's all day long...you're gonna need to drop lower than that!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
These are $80+/- at junkyards out of Corolla's all day long...you're gonna need to drop lower than that!!
I challenge you to go find us a junkyard corolla red stitched steering wheel in this condition with air bag included for $80.
The same type of guy that assures and guarantees he can find complete drop in turn key k swaps at the junkyard “all day every day” for $200 with your buddy that knows how to weld mounts for $20.
Post up your junkyard steering wheel exact shape as this one

·
Registered
80 Posts
Fresh boi checking in!!

Sorry, I lied...I paid $40 for the airbag and $10 for the steering wheel. Oh yeah, that was only 3 months ago before you try to play the "thAt wAs yEARs agO" card while trying to justify your gouging. I bought the Corolla wheel after buying a $100 Lexus IS300 steering wheel (rewrapped to make it thicker for $30, Mewant brand from eBay) but couldn't find a write-up that would allow me to repurpose the up/down buttons to control my stereo so I resold it for $130.

The Corolla wheel had red stitching ( I brightened the picture using an app but you can see red above the cruise control stalk), no tears but still rewrapped for $30 for the same reason...I like thicker wheels like the one in my X5M. The wrap came out amazing again and I've since used a Magic Eraser (tip from the web) to remove the years of oily shine from the airbag so it matches the same matte finish. Being a K swap boi I also grabbed a 92 Accord shifter and Hush Performance shifter plate so I don't have to run a cutup center console with my K swap anymore...LPT for anyone going full K swap but wanna retain a stock looking interior. Grabbed myself a cheap spare as well since stock MR2 ones are stupidly overpriced for something so basic that no one's gonna see or give a **** about.

Once again, you're asking too much there, boi...these wheels are a dime a dozen. Keep dropping that price though...eventually you'll hit reality. You're asking custom wheel prices for common stock parts...Toyota whored out this steering wheel across like 6 cars lol. The ONLY difference is the center portion of your airbag and only a sucker would pay $300 difference for something so minor.

·
Registered
5,930 Posts
Fresh boi checking in!!

Sorry, I lied...I paid $40 for the airbag and $10 for the steering wheel. Oh yeah, that was only 3 months ago before you try to play the "thAt wAs yEARs agO" card while trying to justify your gouging. I bought the Corolla wheel after buying a $100 Lexus IS300 steering wheel (rewrapped to make it thicker for $30, Mewant brand from eBay) but couldn't find a write-up that would allow me to repurpose the up/down buttons to control my stereo so I resold it for $130.

The Corolla wheel had red stitching ( I brightened the picture using an app but you can see red above the cruise control stalk), no tears but still rewrapped for $30 for the same reason...I like thicker wheels like the one in my X5M. The wrap came out amazing again and I've since used a Magic Eraser (tip from the web) to remove the years of oily shine from the airbag so it matches the same matte finish. Being a K swap boi I also grabbed a 92 Accord shifter and Hush Performance shifter plate so I don't have to run a cutup center console with my K swap anymore...LPT for anyone going full K swap but wanna retain a stock looking interior. Grabbed myself a cheap spare as well since stock MR2 ones are stupidly overpriced for something so basic that no one's gonna see or give a **** about.

Once again, you're asking too much there, boi...these wheels are a dime a dozen. Keep dropping that price though...eventually you'll hit reality. You're asking custom wheel prices for common stock parts...Toyota whored out this steering wheel across like 6 cars lol. The ONLY difference is the center portion of your airbag and only a sucker would pay $300 difference for something so minor.

View attachment 76170 View attachment 76171 View attachment 76172 View attachment 76173
I tried to PM you, but couldnt, so I'll ask here - what is the controller on your wheel? I used to have a pioneer cd player and remote at the same spot, but, apparently, they dont work with newer pioneer headunits, I miss steering wheel mounted remotes, especially for volume changes or something while driving, not wanting to take eyes off the road

·
Registered
80 Posts
We've got Android screens in all our cars, ranging from Eonon to AVIN (BMW specific I believe) to JOYING to recently a no name $60 double DIN screen that works OK.

BMW E30 325iS, JOYING - BMW E36 328iC, JOYING

BMW E38 740iL, Eonon - BMW E39 540iT, Eonon

Ford Harley Davidson F150, Eonon - BMW E61 535xiT, AVIN - BMW E70 X5M, AVIN

The screen in the MR2 is JOYING, I bought a $20+/- universal remote from Amazon and it worked fine minus being able to control Volume+ and changing sources for some reason. Being that like 3 of our stereos are JOYING, I bought their proprietary remotes for like $30 each.

I got two of these universal remotes so I'll be installing one with the no name screen in hopes it works on that car. I'll let ya know if you'd like :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
What's that gotta do with him thinking he can get $325 for it? Go onto www.car-part.com, www.row52.com or even eBay and have it shipped...hell, I might even run back to the yards locally and ship them myself for half of what he's asking and it'd still be worth my time lol

·
Registered
5,930 Posts
I got two of these universal remotes so I'll be installing one with the no name screen in hopes it works on that car. I'll let ya know if you'd like :)

View attachment 76194
Please update when you can, maybe a new thread or something, I hate to hijack this one, apologies.
But when driving, especially in traffic, I dont like to look down to adjust radio, typically volume. It'd be SO handy to just have it wheel mounted.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
What's that gotta do with him thinking he can get $325 for it? Go onto www.car-part.com, www.row52.com or even eBay and have it shipped...hell, I might even run back to the yards locally and ship them myself for half of what he's asking and it'd still be worth my time lol
Btw just so happens that this “junkyard dime a dozen whored out” steering wheel sold today for full asking price.
Thanks for hijacking my FS thread with your trash talk and ebay mods on your hoopties m5james

·
Registered
80 Posts
Your junkyard steering wheel is not even an oem red stitching wheel and not even near the same exact shape as mine, trying to be slick with that receipt don’t even bother dude. So you used a cheap chinese ebay pleather wrap ok big deal. Do whatever you want man no ones holding you back Btw just so happens that this “junkyard dime a dozen whored out” steering wheel sold today for full asking price.
Thanks for hijacking my FS thread with your trash talk and ebay mods on your hoopties m5james
Here's the rest of your post before you edited it. It was the EXACT same steering wheel, red stitching and all...as noted, airbag was different...but you deleted your pics.

I didn't hijack anything...we join these kinds of forums for DIY's, deals from members, to avoid the stealership and their pricing, etc...NOT to rake other members over the coals with stealership pricing. Clearly you're mad I pointed out your illusion since you went outta your way to lie and say I bought it...ALL this butthurt is laughable. I'm no sucker and would NEVER pay that price, but good for you on getting it "sold for asking" since I'm 100% sure you didn't lie about that as well ;-)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I saw his posts bagging on others about their pricing (AW11 brake cable post is the first that comes to mind) so I didn't feel bad doing the same here...besides the fact that it was WAY overpriced. I understand buyer beware, market supply vs demand, yada yada but I'm not inclined to watch someone try to screw other forum members when I know they're out there for 1/5th the cost.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree with you m5james this Abesdub has a poor record on ‘selling’ stuff and changing his story. Moderators take note and stop defending this persons practices.
cpchri1, when are you going to stop harassing me about a part that I fully refunded you and actually communicated with you on time about how the shipping cost on such a huge awkward front end cut out panel was way out of the estimate.
You keep bringing this up when I refunded you and you even confirmed to J.Harris super moderator when he asked you.
What evidence do you have to claim that I have a poor selling record LOL, feel free to reference my old username as TRUSW20 as 4th top seller before this forum went **** up after Bill Strong left and everyone moved to fraudbook
m5james your hypocrisy and misunderstanding leaks thru the screen, so you’re saying that it’s ok only for you to “bag” complain crap about others prices but, somehow I’m not allowed to reference the actual price on new brakes cables? Which is exactly what you’re doing here and going against your own logic.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I saw his posts bagging on others about their pricing (AW11 brake cable post is the first that comes to mind) so I didn't feel bad doing the same here...besides the fact that it was WAY overpriced. I understand buyer beware, market supply vs demand, yada yada but I'm not inclined to watch someone try to screw other forum members when I know they're out there for 1/5th the cost.
Yet it’s fine ok for you to bash and down talk on others FS threads when you have zero evidence to prove back up your claim assumption that my steering wheel is a junkyard part?
So what you m5james and cpchri1 are doing is harassing me retaliating for me defending the price on my parts I’m selling whilst holding no evidence.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here's the rest of your post before you edited it. It was the EXACT same steering wheel, red stitching and all...as noted, airbag was different...but you deleted your pics.

I didn't hijack anything...we join these kinds of forums for DIY's, deals from members, to avoid the stealership and their pricing, etc...NOT to rake other members over the coals with stealership pricing. Clearly you're mad I pointed out your illusion since you went outta your way to lie and say I bought it...ALL this butthurt is laughable. I'm no sucker and would NEVER pay that price, but good for you on getting it "sold for asking" since I'm 100% sure you didn't lie about that as well ;-)
I deleted my FS thread because I’ve sold that steering wheel now, no need to be mad at ignorant people that are quick to assume where I acquired my parts and how much you think they’re worth when you clearly don’t know.
You did hijack my thread by posting infiltrating pics media to another member about installing tablets on your cars trampling violating my FS thread when it’s clearly against forum rules.
You want to keep lying about this too

1 - 20 of 22 Posts