MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it made more sense to post in this forum. I hope I don't piss off any mods.

I have a slightly used L1H1 Widband sensor that includes a 9ft wire loom with sensor connector and another spare sensor connector. You can use this sensor with a variety of wideband controllers on the market (TechEdge, LM1, FJO, Hydra Nemisis, etc).

It was used for approx 10-20 hours (~500 miles). These were originaly used as Honda OEM sensors and are made to last >70k miles, so there is a lot of life left. New price is $200, I am asking $120 and will pay for shipping in the US.

PM or email me @ [email protected]

-Rob

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What is not shown is the 9' loom and connector. I will get a picture of that up later.

-Rob

·
Automotive cartographer
4,402 Posts
robf said:
It was used for approx 10-20 hours (~500 miles). These were originaly used as Honda OEM sensors and are made to last >70k miles, so there is a lot of life left. New price is $200, I am asking $120 and will pay for shipping in the US.
Just to clarify, they are OEM on a Honda lean-burn NA application. They are only rated for 500 hours on a well-tuned turbo application.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RickyB said:
Just to clarify, they are OEM on a Honda lean-burn NA application. They are only rated for 500 hours on a well-tuned turbo application.
Assuming 500 hour limit, there is 95% life left.

Hmm, interesting Ok. So are you talking about 500 hours of dyno tuning hours, or general usage? If for general usage, then that would be worth, what, 15000 miles? Do you recommend to your customers to remove the WB sensors after tuning? Is this number from spec or experience?

-Rob
BTW, you still owe me beers, but every time I'm down in Santa Clara I'm busy with work :p

·
Automotive cartographer
4,402 Posts
robf said:
Assuming 500 hour limit, there is 95% life left.

Hmm, interesting Ok. So are you talking about 500 hours of dyno tuning hours, or general usage? If for general usage, then that would be worth, what, 15000 miles? Do you recommend to your customers to remove the WB sensors after tuning? Is this number from spec or experience?
This number is from spec obtained while talking to an NTK representative about purchasing a boatload of these.

My personal experience as a tuner is that I get about five or six months of life (~200hrs) out of a sensor that I use to tune cars with regularly. Since you have to tune from the rich side to keep things as safe as possible, the sensors get a lot of abuse.

My advice to customers who purchase widebands from us is to use it only for tuning or to datalog race events. Running around with one in your tailpipe at all times doesn't do much unless you want to set up your car to lean burn during cruise and need it to do closed loop at something other than stoich.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
RickyB said:
They are only rated for 500 hours on a well-tuned turbo application.
I planned to run mine all the time, I guess that dosnt sound as smart anymore. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
my zeitronix ( which is using a stock 0-5 volt WB out of a Volkswagen ) is made to use for all driving they told me.

volkswagen is using these sensors in their own cars , so i supose they are made for several years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts