Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Board Name: 20bNA
Means of Contact: [email protected]
Description: 503e ITB setup
Price: $2,200

All,

First off, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Charlie and I'm an FD owner over on RX7club.com. I have several good friends in the Toyota community and all of them have told me these are extraordinarily rare and next to impossible to own. I came across them years ago from a JDM importer in California. I was going to use them on my engine build, at the time I was going to be a track-ready 4 rotor, but never got around to using them. Fast forwarding to today, I no longer have any plans for them! I changed directions with the car and currently in the process of building a 20b NA setup for road racing. 3 rotors = 3 ITB's, no need for 4.

Anyways, here is some information on the engine in case some weren't familiar with it.
Toyota 503E.

The most famous and successful Toyota Race engine- the 503E was used in Toyota's Triumphant Championship seasons in IMSA GTO / GTP, Pikes Peak, Le Mans, and in the mid-90s Japan Touring Cup Championship. It is important to note that the 16 valve cylinder head layout from the 152E engine and the T block crankshaft saddle design were used as design base for this ultimate Toyota 4 cylinder Turbocharged race engine. The 503E represented the most powerful 4 cylinders in competition history developing over 1000HP in qualifying tune, 800HP for sprint races, and 600 for endurance events.

The ITB's are cast MAGNESIUM and EXTREMELY light. They each have 2 injector bungs, and measure approximately 50mm's in diameter. This set is COMPLETE and ready to be used!

Be one of the few to own a rare, PIKES PEAK, 503e ITB' setup for your Toyota.

I am a verified Paypal member with 100+ transactions. I also have a spotless reputation on RX7club.com. This is not a SCAM - It's real.

Im not exactly sure on how to price these. However, after doing alot of research I feel like this is a fair starting price considering the history behind the engine and the brand. I would like to start these off at $2,200 OBO shipped with insurance anywhere in the United States. If you are international please PM to discuss shipping arrangements.

Thanks,
Charlie

Pics of the throttle bodies on a engine I found on google.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also want to add that I'm not a Toyota guru by all means. I would love input from forum members about these components, price, etc.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Very, Very cool piece to see - I don't have the budget for these, but I'm wondering if you could take inlet/ throttle plate/ outlet diameter measurements (in the name of science!) to sate my curiosity?

Good luck on the sale!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I also want to add that I'm not a Toyota guru by all means. I would love input from forum members about these components, price, etc.
Well, honestly the thing you're going to run into I think is that the 503e wasn't a production engine at all and are really quite rare. Even though sources list it as a 3s-gte derivative that's incorrect, so they don't really bolt on to anything directly and would need to be modified (pretty dramatically).

Not to say there might not be a person or two in here that might have a use for them. I know Toysport used to be *the* outlet for 503e engines and parts, I don't know how active they are in the community (or how responsive they are to e-mails) - but that might be a rabbit hole worth chasing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about I get you those numbers in sq area? The outlet is a little different. Ill work on that tonight and get a close approximation.

Very, Very cool piece to see - I don't have the budget for these, but I'm wondering if you could take inlet/ throttle plate/ outlet diameter measurements (in the name of science!) to sate my curiosity?

Good luck on the sale!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'd put those up on racecars.net.

Not much use for these here, they are overpriced except for the collector value.

The likelihood of someone needing 503 ITB's as spares is quite low. I imagine these came from a blown engine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the advice.

I'd put those up on racecars.net.

Not much use for these here, they are overpriced except for the collector value.

The likelihood of someone needing 503 ITB's as spares is quite low. I imagine these came from a blown engine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would also like to add that these can be fitted to work with any block really. With the right fabrication done anything is possible. I can assist with making these work if anyone really is interested in having an ITB setup on their engine. Ill include any design and fab work into the price if that sweetens the pot.

I just want to see these in use and find someone who will really enjoy them.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I owned Jeff kiesels pp 3 rotor with the sliding throttle body for a Porsche at one time.. Lol.

Anyway, thethe price is little high compared to off the shelf brand new stuff from like twm, and so forth. It is mag, so pretty unique. But hard to use. Its possible to use blacktop 4age itbs and with the right combination will bolt to a third gen. That's cheap...

If you made manifold for these you'd sell em..

·
Registered
158 Posts
toysport frequents on the classic celica forums. as for giving left nuts for 503e, there was a Celica IMSA GTO with a ---- for sale not too long ago. sold at $250k - so you'll have to check the going rate for left nuts these days.

https://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=1064475

CORRECTION: it wasn't a 503e in that thing, but probably just as rare.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
my friend has a 503 head in his garage but the problem is parts
there is no available parts for this on the shelf everything has to be made custom
i agree this is a rare part but in order for this to work you will spend serious money on it

i never even try to build one although i have a source for it

closes one to this is the 20 valve itbs i was looking at the intake manifold side and looks the same black top is 42mm on the throttle side which is descent already

here is my build thread when i was making a custom itbs for the 3sge head

384993_10151252251107755_1708131116_n by nakahachi, on Flickr

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like these might be a tough sale. Anyone have any offers? Should I just keep them for my 3 rotor and put one on the shelf?

·
Registered
565 Posts
If you want top dollar for these I'd suggest making these plug and play..

For your 4 rotor, you want sliding throttle bodies... there are pretty cool cad files available online for free

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm going to bump this to the top. I'm looking to move these and any reasonable offers will be considered. I would fabricate these to work with a 3sgte but I do not have a engine to mock up on. I'm going to drop the price down to 1500 shipped and insured OBO.

You will never see these available again.

Email me at [email protected] if you're interested.

Thanks,
Charlie

1 - 20 of 23 Posts