MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states - This was purchased new from HPF by a friend of mine for a previous MR2 Turbo he owned in ~2007.
That MR2 Turbo was sold in stock condition without ever being modified, and his current one came with a built engine, Berk SMIC/Exhaust, etc, so this SMIC kit sat around.

The box isn't in the best shape from being moved around his garage, etc, but otherwise all the parts & everything as included new from GReddy are there and in LNIB condition. Never installed, never removed from the plastic.

Pics:

Considering this SMIC kit is discontinued, and very hard to find in this condition, it is priced at

$850 + Shipping in the Lower 48.

Yes, I know fleabay SMIC kits are $150 shipped, and used GReddy SMIC setups are $300-400.

But I'm making this available for a discerning MR2 owner that would like a LNIB IC setup that's one of the better SMIC kits ever made for the MR2.

I'm a moderator on Supraforums with ~50 feedbacks and I've been active there and on other Toyota-centric forums for well over a decade now. Buy with confidence.

I am not considering any trades at this time. Paypal payment is preferred but I will also accept a USPS money order if you do not want to deal with Paypal.

Naturally, I will take great care to package this as carefully as possible to ensure its safe transit. I am not interested in shipping this outside of the US at this time. My apologies to international buyers.

I can provide additional pictures if absolutely necessary, but please only ask for additional pics if you are a bona fide serious buyer.

Thanks!

Jeff

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only noticed it after I'd posted the pics myself, but now that I see it, I can't un-see it. It does appear to have a flaw of some kind.
Since the GReddy end tanks are cast on most of their IC's, there are usually a few flaws like this but they rarely affect function.

There's also a casting flaw on that same end tank about half the size of a dime that I didn't notice it at first. The bead maintains a nice radius around that opening, so once a coupler is installed that would be invisible and it would not leak at all.

Also, the IC piping is the later style which doesn't include the bungs for the additional injectors. The kit also includes the aluminum blockoff plate, heat shielding, and some foam sealing tape for use with the blockoff plate.

Here's a closer pic of that IC opening and the casting flaw on the same side of the same end tank:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In light of the imperfections of that end tank, I'm dropping the price to $700 OBO + shipping.

Serious offers are sincerely appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts