MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I switched to a 5SGTE, so I need to use a top mount turbo setup, thus I'm selling my S252 kit and oil filter relocation kit. Prices do not include shipping. Will ship with shippers preferred method. Paypal accepted.

$1200 - The S252 kit has about 2K miles on it, has twin 38mm Tial wastegates. Second Wastegate was added to remove boost creep. No shaft play. Comes with oil feed and return lines. Uses stock return elbow. Compressor already tapped for boost source. Does bolt to stock exhaust manifold. Turbine housing ported to match stock twin scroll exhaust manifold. Downpipe has wideband bung already welded at bottom (not pictured). Coke for scale. Ran 20PSI no problem.

Does not come with block feed adapter.
Does not fit with stock heat shields.
Top wastegate dump tube is a tight fit, particularly if you have worn motor mounts.
This could easily be fabricated to reroute back to the downpipe if you have fitment issues.

100$ - The oil filter relocation kit is made by improved racing. Has extra ports for accessories like oil temp sensors. Ran this for awhile to make changing oil easier, mounted filter where the A/C compressor was, decided to run A/C on my new 5S block so I don't need this. Uses a bigger oil filter than stock and can except anti-reversion filters which keep oil in the filter at all times to reduce oil pressure loss during start up. I ran the M1-113A filter. Still have a couple extras that will come with the kit. Lines are fire resistant. Longer or shorter lines can obviously be fitted.

·
Registered
438 Posts
What PSI springs are inside the wastegates? And did you experience any boost creep with the dual gates, particularly on a catless car? I'm looking for something to bolt up to a Gen4, using a Gen3 mani to break 300whp

Also, how are the wastegates plumbed, are they tapped/welded directly on to the exhaust housing of the turbo? Also, does the oil feed require a restrictor?

Edit, few more questions:

1.) Any issues with the turbine housing clearing the trans?
2.) What A/R?
3.) I can't really see it in the pictures but, it looks like this turbo was internally gated at one point and then modified to be externally gated, is that the case? and if so, is the internal gate welded?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What PSI springs are inside the wastegates? And did you experience any boost creep with the dual gates, particularly on a catless car? I'm looking for something to bolt up to a Gen4, using a Gen3 mani to break 300whp

Also, how are the wastegates plumbed, are they tapped/welded directly on to the exhaust housing of the turbo? Also, does the oil feed require a restrictor?

Edit, few more questions:

1.) Any issues with the turbine housing clearing the trans?
2.) What A/R?
3.) I can't really see it in the pictures but, it looks like this turbo was internally gated at one point and then modified to be externally gated, is that the case? and if so, is the internal gate welded?
Currently it has the 10psi springs (I believe), but it comes with the spring kit for both. I had boost creep only when it was single gate, the lower one. With the dual gates it doesn't creep at all.

Wastegate are welded to the turbine housing and internal downpipe. Oil does not require a restrictor.

No issues clearing the trans. I'll find the A/R and report back. The lower gate is "internal", but it exits through the downpipe flange. Upper gate is welded directly to the turbine housing and does 70% of the work.

If you have clearing issues, it'll be from the upper wastegate's dump tube only (might hit rear heat shield), but it could be rerouted to the downpipe if you wanted to fab it that way and it'll clear just about any setup.

To be clear, I ran this on a gen 2 3SGTE and a built 5SGTE.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts