MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS: '91 Turbo, needs engine & paint, price reduced to $1500

I recently purchased a red '91 Turbo with 118K on the clock (now 122K), no accidents, light hail damage. It turns out the engine has damage to the #3 journal and crankshaft caused by a bad crankshaft thrust bearing. As far as I can tell the engine is a complete loss, not rebuildable. It does run, and can be driven, but likely not for long. I have too many projects as it is, so I replaced the car with something a bit newer and need to sell this one.

It has an aftermarket intercooler (I was told EMS, but can't verify), a 3" downpipe and cat, and a 2.5" muffler. No turbo boost controller (although it had one; previous owner said he took it off).

The body has light hail damage and the paint is worn through in some small spots on the roof. It has stock wheels, and comes with a set of vintage aftermarket wheels as well. The radio antenna is missing.

The interior is black cloth, and for the most part is in great condition, the exceptions being a slight lifting of the dash by the defrost vents, the shifter boot is worn, and the driver's door window switch bezel is loose. Everything works except the A/C, which has leaking O-rings at the compressor hose manifold. The T-tops and shades are also in great condition. It has a Kenwood KDC-BT555U bluetooth stereo, nothing particularly special, with door and behind-seat speakers. It also has a TRD shift knob, which would probably make it go really fast with a new engine.

This car would make a great engine swap candidate, or could be parted out. It had a clean Carfax when I bought it, but I do not have the report any longer. You could run one yourself if interested to verify the mileage and lack of accidents. Was asking $2000, now reduced to $1500 OBO. I get instant email alerts for private messages.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Is this still available?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is an interested party, but it is not yet sold. If you have a serious interest I would need to clear it with him, as he has indicated he would like to buy the car in two weeks or so.

·
Registered
423 Posts
This in phx or tucson?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts