MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Excellent condition, 183,000 kms with only a few hundred on engine.
See below for details and pictures.
Best offer over $6000.

Les

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Last chance on this excellent car

I'm listing it on AutoTrader for $6500 but to club members I would sell for $6000 firm (certified, no e-test required, extra parts included). See the link in my first post for pictures and a list of modifications.

Les

·
Registered
182 Posts
I didn't know your 2 was an sc! I would have loved to check it out in more detail, petadeer. BTW, remember that Canada works with kilometers not miles so his has way less miles on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the complete info and pictures

1987 MR2 with SC engine. I only put maybe 300 hundred kms (maybe 500 by now) on this car since acquiring it last summer. Then I just took it to a few local cruise nights and drives around Orleans. It has never seen winter.
? FX designs front and rear combat skirts
? Momo wheel and combat shifter knob
? Twos r us short shift kit (with brass bushings)
? Tokico blue struts and Apexi yellow lowering springs
? New windshield, professional paint done in 06, repairs done with metal.
? Thomas designed engine lid (only 10 in existence I'm told)
? Cusco rear bar
? Professionally rebuilt 170 hp SC engine (ae101?) with no more than 300kms on it, head rebuilt too and ported/polished (I have receipts)
? All new seals, new rad, new brake calipers/brakes and hand brake cable
? Rota circuit 8 wheels with Yokohamma Parada spec 2 tires (16in), used one season and are in excellent shape
? 89 intercooler setup (orig ae101 top mount IC available too)
? Spal 10" IC fan
? Autometer boost and Air/Fuel gauge mounted in pillar pod
? New Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust
? New plugs from Toyota, new yellow wires
? HKS pulley
? Custom aluminum batter box located in trunk along with new battery
? Clutchmasters stage 3 clutch and light weight Fidanza flywheel (new)
? New slave and master cylinders
? New tail light seals, c-pillar trim seals, side skirt seals
? headlight mod with silverstar bulbs
? front turn signals are JDM from England
? 89 rear spoiler with LED
? Pioneer 6 disc CD changer in front trunk
? Twos r us shift boot
? abv mod
? Original triangle wheels available, refinished with dust shields
? Interior is near mint

It was not running when I got it so it took me a few months to find the time to get it going last year. Once running, it did not run well and I thought it was just tuning. After lots of failed attempts, I got discouraged and it went into storage. Once out last May, I started it right up and along with a friend, poured over the whole car to try to smooth out the rough running condition. The result has been a rebuilt engine harness to weed out some bad connections and areas of low voltage including rewiring the igniter connections and MAP sensor.

Now, all it needs is to be properly timed/tuned and the engine harness has to be competed (just wrapping the remaining half not done yet).

The car can be easily certified as I did that last year without it needing anything and being an 87, it is e-test exempt.

The only other issues I can think of is that in doing SC conversions on 87s, the tach does not work. This happens all the time and can be rectified as I have read on other forums, but I just have not had the time. The other issue is that the air/fuel gauge shows rich all the time. I have also not worried about this since it is probably tuning or the gauge itself may not be hooked up correctly.

Here are pics (I just recently moved the air intake under the IC so that it gets in cooler air).

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just a quick question...Where is the AFM that goes from the air filter to the throttle body inlet? All I see is the air filter straight to the throttle body.

- D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, map sensored, no AFM. Since those pictures were taken, I've moved the intake to under the intercooler so that it does not suck in the hot air from the top of the engine. This weekend, I'm flushing out the cooling system and replacing all the vacuum lines along with making some TPS adjustments so that I can get it running smoother. I've also done the modification to the tach so that is now working just fine (the stock tach is not compatible with this engine/ecu combo) so a small resistor had to be changed. I had it out on the highway last week and it blows the doors off my NA completely. I was surprized at how much more power it had in the low gears.

Les

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This awesome MR2 is going into AutoTrader Sept 4 at $6500 but for club people, a firm $6000 will take it. I'm just trying to locate an air bleed valve for the rad to complete the cooling system service and then I need to install the new vacuum lines I picked up on the weekend and that should take care of the idle bounce and a few other smooth running issues. If not mentioned before, I've got some extra parts that will go with it. If it does not sell in the two weeks it will be on Trader, then into storage it will go.

Les

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have another that I've owned since 2000. I thought I would have the time and space for 2 of them but as it turns out, I don't have either, not for a few more years anyway. At the moment, we have 5 cars and only 3 spots in the driveway. I've only put a few hundred kms on this car in a year and it deserves more driving than that. Also, I've spent much of the summer just getting it into driving shape as when I got it, the engine had just gone in and it sat for a year not being started and driven. A few weeks ago, the rebuilt engine harness went in and now I am just trying to find a few minutes here and there to finish things up. Sorry for the long story!

Les

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, it just went up on AutoTrader Thursday (they stuck an extra "d" in the e-mail address so they gave me an extra week). Its listed there for $6500 obo.

Les

1 - 14 of 14 Posts