MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"
These are JDM. See the amber corner lenses? :) Beautiful.

I'm including:
Left light
Right light
Center panel
Reverse Lights

**Optional bits** not included:
1. Brackets (not absolutely necessary for installation, but nice)
2. Lock cylinder (call a Toyota dealer for this, if you want it.)

"

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Figured these were a quick seller. Have times changed? Or is there something wrong with the price? Be honest, people. I can take it! :thumbup

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Local buyer flaked. So lowering to $315 for a quick sale.

$315 shipped anywhere in lower 48 states.
$280 picked up

·
Registered
924 Posts
Figured these were a quick seller. Have times changed? Or is there something wrong with the price? Be honest, people. I can take it! :thumbup
The problem is your center panel...which is actually "Dark Emerald Pearl" btw. That's a somewhat different shade than 91-92 Aquamarine Pearl. So if anyone buys this set, regardless of color, they will be forced to paint that piece. By contrast people can pick up a set with a black panel on Ebay for $300-ish. Heck, anyone with a white or super red car can say the same thing.

So you may want to try to piece these items out. Someone with an odd color (who will have to paint the center piece regardless) might consider it. But there is no direct market for those items as a set that I can think of. Well, one might make a case that a person with a 94-95 model in Dark Emerald Pearl could use them, but obviously they would already have these pieces, lol.

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
The problem is your center panel...which is actually "Dark Emerald Pearl" btw. That's a somewhat different shade than 91-92 Aquamarine Pearl. So if anyone buys this set, regardless of color, they will be forced to paint that piece. By contrast people can pick up a set with a black panel on Ebay for $300-ish. Heck, anyone with a white or super red car can say the same thing.

So you may want to try to piece these items out. Someone with an odd color (who will have to paint the center piece regardless) might consider it. But there is no direct market for those items as a set that I can think of. Well, one might make a case that a person with a 94-95 model in Dark Emerald Pearl could use them, but obviously they would already have these pieces, lol.
the problem is the time of the year thats it. everyone is poor.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Nah, there were roughly a dozen sold in the last month on Ebay. But as I "tried" to explain above, (apparently to no avail?), those were sets with a black or white center panel.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Sure, if a set with a white/black center panel will sell for $400 in three months, lol. Seriously though, the other sets are selling. That alone destroys your "hypothesis" completely.

Once again...if someone buys this set, they will have to repaint the center panel. If they buy the others they won't necessarily. Get it? Would you pay the same for a set you have to repaint versus one you can just bolt on? Of course not. But according to you summer heat makes people's iq drop, lol.

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
Sure, if a set with a white/black center panel will sell for $400 in three months, lol. Seriously though, the other sets are selling. That alone destroys your "hypothesis" completely.

Once again...if someone buys this set, they will have to repaint the center panel. If they buy the others they won't necessarily. Get it? Would you pay the same for a set you have to repaint versus one you can just bolt on? Of course not. But according to you summer heat makes people's iq drop, lol.

Btw aquamarine pearl is not a rare color. also, how many sets of taillights have you sold. I've sold over 40+ sets over the years and this time of the year is crap for selling taillights, everyone is waiting on his income tax check to come in.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Btw aquamarine pearl is not a rare color
Wow, you apparently have not been able to comprehend anything written so far. Let's go back to the original comment I made to the OP:

center panel...is actually "Dark Emerald Pearl" btw. That's a somewhat different shade than 91-92 Aquamarine Pearl.

Someone that claims to be such an experienced seller should know that already. Heck, the fact that I broke it down previously and you still don't understand makes me wonder about your abilities as a seller and/or MR2 "expert". Since I know where you will try to go next, let me head that off at the pass: Sure someone could potentially use his center panel with an Aquamarine car...but it would be off just enough to look bad...like when people use Super Red center sections with Crimson cars. In other words, anyone with an Aquamarine car would be better off to use a black center panel.

how many sets of taillights have you sold.
None...and somehow I know 10X more than you about the car in question? On top of that, I have the ability to click the little "sold" box on the left @ Ebay and view sucessfully sold items over the last 30 days. Seriously the fact that you cannot even follow basic conversation in a thread makes me wonder about your "business" ability. The way you've handled this discussion shows just how frustrating it would be if one bought something from you and had a problem with the order.

I've sold over 40+ sets over the years and this time of the year is crap

The OP wanted someone to be honest about why nobody was interested in his item in particular. I know you don't really care about his question, but the reality is that until someone comes along with a car with "6M1" paint who happens to be missing these parts, there is literally no direct market for what he is selling. The only other potential fit for his setup would be if someone has a color where they will have to paint the center section anyway. But that is a rare scenario, and in such a case, they will expect to pay somewhat less than what these are going for at that given time. So trying to argue against these things only makes you look naive to the MR2 in general, and/or shows an inabilty to follow the flow of the conversation.

It's obvious you have an agenda...you want to keep the going price of these things up. But do you not realize you are hurting your own cause by protesting in the face of someone who's a step ahead of every angle you come up with? I doesn't matter if you've sold a million of these, the bottom line is that tail light sets are still selling in other colors or configurations, even if the quantity of them selling is cyclical. That is undisputable, objective information. Of course the price of tail light sets will go up as a whole in the summer. But that is not what me or the OP were talking about. If you would stop thinking of your business long enough to actually read what is being said before responding, you will make yourself look a lot less sketchy.

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
Wow, you apparently have not been able to comprehend anything written so far. Let's go back to the original comment I made to the OP:

center panel...is actually "Dark Emerald Pearl" btw. That's a somewhat different shade than 91-92 Aquamarine Pearl.

Someone that claims to be such an experienced seller should know that already. Heck, the fact that I broke it down previously and you still don't understand makes me wonder about your abilities as a seller and/or MR2 "expert". Since I know where you will try to go next, let me head that off at the pass: Sure someone could potentially use his center panel with an Aquamarine car...but it would be off just enough to look bad...like when people use Super Red center sections with Crimson cars. In other words, anyone with an Aquamarine car would be better off to use a black center panel.

None...and somehow I know 10X more than you about the car in question? On top of that, I have the ability to click the little "sold" box on the left @ Ebay and view sucessfully sold items over the last 30 days. Seriously the fact that you cannot even follow basic conversation in a thread makes me wonder about your "business" ability. The way you've handled this discussion shows just how frustrating it would be if one bought something from you and had a problem with the order.

The OP wanted someone to be honest about why nobody was interested in his item in particular. I know you don't really care about his question, but the reality is that until someone comes along with a car with "6M1" paint who happens to be missing these parts, there is literally no direct market for what he is selling. The only other potential fit for his setup would be if someone has a color where they will have to paint the center section anyway. But that is a rare scenario, and in such a case, they will expect to pay somewhat less than what these are going for at that given time. So trying to argue against these things only makes you look naive to the MR2 in general, and/or shows an inabilty to follow the flow of the conversation.

It's obvious you have an agenda...you want to keep the going price of these things up. But do you not realize you are hurting your own cause by protesting in the face of someone who's a step ahead of every angle you come up with? I doesn't matter if you've sold a million of these, the bottom line is that tail light sets are still selling in other colors or configurations, even if the quantity of them selling is cyclical. That is undisputable, objective information. Of course the price of tail light sets will go up as a whole in the summer. But that is not what me or the OP were talking about. If you would stop thinking of your business long enough to actually read what is being said before responding, you will make yourself look a lot less sketchy.

:violin:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts