MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... some of u might know that i bought a project MR2 off a friend of mine with a blown 5S motor... well i imported a 93' rear clip from Japan and have since replaced TONS of parts on the motor and installed the motor... well only problem is i have since run out of time and money to compltely finish it. I am going out of the country for a while and need the money more that i need an MR2 since i already have a daily driver. Everything on the motor has been installed except the wiring needs to be done. I have the JDM harness and all the connectors that need to be spliced into the fuse box, just i dont have the pinouts for the ECU and dont have the time to get them or do the soldering job because i am so busy with school, work, and g/f... *g/f takes up more time than either of the other two... haha!* But yeah, the motor has been re-timed with all brand new parts *check list below for replacement parts,* walboro fuel pump is installed, etc. I spoke with Emily @ Hux Racing who i was going to have originially wire my car up and they said they would charge $500 to look over the entire motor and check and make sure its all installed and do all the wiring and install the harness. Im not very electrically inclined so i was gonna go that route but they werent gonna be able to fit it in until the beginning of March, but i am leaving the country right after and i need the money more for that. So im only asking a mere $3500 for the car, motor and all... the motor is a 93' LSD equipped motor with a few added goodies. Here's a list of all the parts have installed or have waiting to be installed:

MODS
Walboro 255lph Fuel Pump
TRD Motor Mounts
NGK Copper Spark Plugs (Not Yet Installed)
Twos-R-Us Valve Cover Bolts
Urethane Motor Mount Inserts
Speed Source Brass Shifter Bushings
SR Single Exit Exhaust from Japan
Rear 93+ Brakes (Not Installed)

MINOR WORK
Freshly Bled Brakes
Flushed IC with Mineral Spirits
Made the Timing Cover Removable While Still in the Car

OEM Replaced Parts
Oil Pump
OEM Oil Filter
Thermostat Gasket
Thermostat
Crankshaft Seal
Oil Cooler Gasket *Large*
Oil Cooler Gasket *Small*
Idler Pulley
Crankshaft Bolt
Valve Cover Gasket
Spark Plug Tube Seals
Gasket Connecting to HFH Metal Pipe
Dipstick O-Ring
Timing Tensioner Assembly
Timing Belt
Water Pump Housing & Assembly w/ Gaskets
HFH *Hose From Hell*
HFHOE *Home From Hell on Earth*
Idler Pulley Bolts *Tensioner Idler*
Rear Main Seal *Not Installed*
Rear Main Gasket *Not Installed*
Both Cam Seals
Oil Pump Gasket
A/C Belt *Not Installed*
Alternator Belt
9 Exhaust Manifold Studs *Not Installed*
Idler Pulley *Pulley Tensioner*

Phew... pretty much any part i could replace while the motor was out thats not easily accesible with the motor in was replaced. I work at a dealership so was lucky to have access to all the proper tools and machines to help assist me installing these parts and the motor properly. But anyway... i have every single receipt for every part i bought for this car that is included. I will have pics up tomorrow. I am in the Orlando area... near UCF. Again, only asking $3500 which is the price of the shell and the rear clip alone... so pretty much all the parts i installed are free, plus the motor is installed so no hastle there, just needs rewired and if ure good with a solder iron, save ureself some money there!! So if anything, my cell is 954-651-1823 or my e-mail is [email protected]. My MSN SN is the same e-mail or AIM is ChikMagnetSk8er. I am FIRM on the price... i know it will sell to a good home that will bring it to life for me. I will have pics up tomorrow...

Thanx for Viewing,
Dustin

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
email responded to...

i finally got the pics all loaded up... here they are... Also, i forgot to mention in the pics that I installed the turbo JDM GTS badged trunk lid, turbo engine lid, and JDM tailights off of my clip in case you wondering why they are white and the car is red. Also, i took a pic of the VIN in case you want to run a Carfax, but i can tell u for sure its clean. Here's the link...

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=547397027&security=RinaGU

I have the exhaust but its not yet intalled, i am repainting it and polishing it at my apt. so its not pictured yet but will get pics of that too when im done.

Thanx,
Dustin

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'll vouch for Dustin. Good guy. Great price for the car/project. Good luck, man! Did you post on the FS Forum too?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx Ian... yeah, i posted up there too... thought id see if anyone outside FL would be interested... still have ure fleet of MKI's?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the shifter boot w/ no holes but the shifter plate was cracked as well as the steering column pieces. I was gonna buy new/used ones so i threw the old ones away. Thanx for helping me out :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts