MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know what everyone runs on their stock suspensions mine seems to rub on the inside because of my stock struts and they are 15x195 and I just bought some 17x 235 and I need to know what I need to do to get that big ass strut out of the way so I can fit more tire do I need coilovers because that stock strut is so wide I need it gone or a fitment size that y'all run so that I can have clearance also.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
You mean the dreaded front spring perch.

I wouldn't switch to coilovers unless you want a taller tire or you want to precisely lower your car (or you want crappy shocks). Coilovers actually rob you of about 10mm lateral space but give you more room for 45 (taller) series tires.

Nothing in your post shows anything about wheel offset, very important to get the whole wheel to fit properly. I'm running 17x8 +32 with a nice fat 235/40-17 up front - no rubs. I've seen some do it no probs with +35. 235 is about as fat as it gets up front without doing some work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You mean the dreaded front spring perch.

I wouldn't switch to coilovers unless you want a taller tire or you want to precisely lower your car (or you want crappy shocks). Coilovers actually rob you of about 10mm lateral space but give you more room for 45 (taller) series tires.

Nothing in your post shows anything about wheel offset, very important to get the whole wheel to fit properly. I'm running 17x8 +32 with a nice fat 235/40-17 up front - no rubs. I've seen some do it no probs with +35. 235 is about as fat as it gets up front without doing some work.

So basically get a good fitment for the fronts that don't rub the wall or the suspension?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts