MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i was going to take the car out of the garage for a spin around the block today and noticed a clunk as i was backing out. i also had to give it ALOT more throttle than usual, just to get the car moving. i believe the front right tire is seized, as when i got back, i touched the rim only to be burnt. the whole rim was scorching hot.

my question is, is this a frozen caliper,e-brake cable, or bearings? and what would be the best way to check?

i've already jacked up the front and the front tire will not spin by hand.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am actually having a similiar problem. The driver side rim and brake are super hot after driving. I thiink we may have similiar problem. Can anyone shed some insight on it?
-Robert-

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
The E-brake/park brake system is only on the rear wheels.

Sounds like a seized slider pin or a caliper piston.

bill

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
You might just need to clean/lubricate the slider pin.

Why don't you take the caliper off and see what the problem is?

bill

·
Registered
254 Posts
ExemptedNut said:
my rear caliper is seized, the piston wont move back at all? I need help too, jsut lubricate the slider pin? With what?
Did you try to push it back, or turn it in as described in the BGB? You may need the Toyota tool but a pair of pilers worked for me.

CHeers,
8J2_93T

·
I like twisties
603 Posts
How difficult is it to repair a caliper? Should I buy a repair kit, or purchase another caliper?
A new caliper from autozone was only like 50 bucks. I think the rebuild kit was close to thirty. I had a similar problem in the rear and it was easier just to replace the caliper.

cory

1 - 9 of 9 Posts