MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front pass side of the car is up higher by a quarter inch after going from my Sportlines to 93+ springs. On top of that, there is a clunking noise. I have rechecked all the bolts and torqued them all down, redid the gland nut, and reseated the spring onto the perch. Any ideas on what the hell's going on?

·
Registered
229 Posts
This may sound ignorant but, are ya sure you have the right springs on the right site? I know my old bug had left/right springs to compensate for the driver's weight. Could this be something similar?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm, never heard of it but it makes sense. Can anyone confirm? And what would account for the annoying clunk? Thanks.

·
Registered
229 Posts
For the clunk I cant say but my bug rode the same way for about a week before I noticed it and corrected the problem. Have your springs been cornerweighted?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, far as I know they are just stock 94. This is all after H&T bushings install. Should I try and install the left front to the right and vice versa?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'd say just jack up the front end and measure the lenght of the shock, distance between the coils and check for any binding. Its real easy to have something mis-alligned or setup screwy. Check brakelines, steering linkages ect ect. That could also do it. Drop me a line on AIM and you'll get my undivided attention.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts