MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of changing the front wheel bearing and low and behold the spindel in the hub is wore down .now the question is I found a hub and spindel assebly on this board but its from a turbo car and mine's an N/A will the turbo spindel press in to my N/A hub.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
"wore down"?

I'm not sure if you have the terminology right. There's a hub (that the lug studs/wheel bolts press into), a bearing, and a knuckle. Normally only the bearing wears out. Very rarely, the hub will need to be replaced.

Here's an image: http://www.mr2-tech.com/bgb/mechanical/volume2/suspension_and_axle/5.htm

All of these parts except the brake dust cover are the same for NA and Turbo. The knuckles have different part numbers for PS and non-PS, but I've never figured out what is different about them.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
some ppl say the spindel some say the hub the part that is woren is the shaft with the studs for the lug nuts,the shaft goes into the bearing bearing goes in the hub.so will a turbo shaft fit into a N/A hub.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.